Climate Control Lcd

Bandit

:censored:

Does anyone know who can repair the Blacked Out Display on the Climate Control Unit?

A new one costs $395.00 from a Toyota Dealer in California.

Surely this can be repaired.

It is not the bulbs, on a very hot day, the display is less blacked out, but normally it is 80% black.

:wacko:

There is a company in San Fran that refurbishes them. Just take it out and send it to them. The address is pinned on the LS400/430 forum under Climate/Clock. They can save you about $100, providing their rates haven't gone up since I got mine done.

If you're interested, I can get you a new one cheaper than what the dealer is asking.

Call this guy! I talked to him before, he has some oem parts. he wanted to sell me the Radio LCD for $90. He said that his rate is 90/hr. Give him a call.

"We will repair your unit and give you a full one-year unconditional warranty at rates below dealership cost. All parts are in stock with an average turn around time of 48Hrs. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me at 408-218-1863 or dwl_solutions@yahoo.com"

My mailing address is

DWL Solutions

39120 Argonaut Way, Suite 563

Fremont, CA 94538

Thanks, Joseph.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

I had the same problem with my lcd a couple of times. I was very upset when the bulb went out the first time around last year. I got so upset that I hit the darkened portion of my lcd screen the the palm of my hand.... and what do you know.... the light was back on!!! i was so releived! it went out about 6 months ago again, did the same procedure and it has been working fine ever since. my car has like 132k on it. So whoever has this problem, try my procedure before spending $$$ and thank me later. Good Luck!

p.s. - don't be afraid to hit a little hard.

The problem with the Bulbs are a different issue. The fluerescent tube was bad about burning out or shorting. But the LCD problem I am discussing here is when the Liquid in the display leaks. The only way to correct this is the replace the complete Climate Control Display Unit or find someone that can replace the LCD panel in the Climate Control Unit.

I contacted Joseph, and he has experience in replacing the LCDs of the Radio, but I explained how common the problem with the Climate Control Unit is and he is researching a replacement.

:D

I think Lextreme just might be able to help you. The lcd panel might be the same or cross reference part. You will need to verify that with him though.

Lextreme, if you get a chance - drop Matt or Steve a message. I think they have been trying to get a hold of you. If you are interested in space on our forums - to continue, you should probably contact one of them. Thanks for your assistance.

Contacted Lextreme and they only offer for LS400. These parts do not fit an SC400.

TapRecycling has a used replacement for $250.00 plus shipping.

I don't understand why no one can get a replacement LCD for the SC400 if they can get it for the LS400.

If I can source just the LCD, I think this would be the cheapest option.

Still Waiting!

Contacted Lextreme and they only offer for LS400. These parts do not fit an SC400.

TapRecycling has a used replacement for $250.00 plus shipping.

I don't understand why no one can get a replacement LCD for the SC400 if they can get it for the LS400.

If I can source just the LCD, I think this would be the cheapest option.

Still Waiting!

let me know if you can find one for the SC. the black LCD liquid is creeping up on the display on mine.

• 1 year later...
:censored:

Does anyone know who can repair the Blacked Out Display on the Climate Control Unit?

A new one costs $395.00 from a Toyota Dealer in California.

Surely this can be repaired.

It is not the bulbs, on a very hot day, the display is less blacked out, but normally it is 80% black.

<!--emo&:wacko:-->wacko.gif<!--endemo-->

Did you ever get this fixed? I just spoke with Eddy at Mikado Engr. They will replace the LCD for $195.