Gs 430/460 Handling / Acceleration

I am planning to buy a GS 460. I have read a lot about comfy / cushy ride of Lexus vs. the agile handling of BMWs. I wanted to check with GS 430/460 owners how would they describe handling of a Lexus GS. How does the car behave when put into the sports mode. Do you get the firm handling and cornering feel.

0-60 in 5.4 secs is not bad for the new GS. Can someone describe the acceleration experience from both dead spot and when passing on highways..

Thanks,

Farhan

I am planning to buy a GS 460. I have read a lot about comfy / cushy ride of Lexus vs. the agile handling of BMWs. I wanted to check with GS 430/460 owners how would they describe handling of a Lexus GS. How does the car behave when put into the sports mode. Do you get the firm handling and cornering feel.

0-60 in 5.4 secs is not bad for the new GS. Can someone describe the acceleration experience from both dead spot and when passing on highways..

Thanks,

Farhan

Wouldn't you be better off test driving a GS ?

Lol, I agree, test drive the GS and then a BMW, that way you know for sure. The 460 is quick, faster than a BMW 335i, but does not handle as well. Even when the 460's suspension is in the sports mode, its not even close to the BMW handling wise. If your priority is handling, not luxury, then you should really look at a BMW. While Audi and Infinity have a good mix between handling and luxury.

Lol, I agree, test drive the GS and then a BMW, that way you know for sure. The 460 is quick, faster than a BMW 335i, but does not handle as well. Even when the 460's suspension is in the sports mode, its not even close to the BMW handling wise. If your priority is handling, not luxury, then you should really look at a BMW. While Audi and Infinity have a good mix between handling and luxury.

Thanks G Man - I am planning to test drive Infiniti as well...this week - the G35. So I hope to get a feel of both Infiniti and the GS... The GS has some really cool features and Interior quality is just top notch...

The GS competes with the M series, not the G series. The G maybe faster than the GS, but the interior on the G is several notches below the GS. I test drove the M when I bought the GS, its a differnce class of car really. It handles great but the ride was very stiff, worst than a BMW. The Infinity is more like a poor man's BMW and the GS is design to have a good mix of Luxury and performance and still try to maintain a comfortable ride.

The GS competes with the M series, not the G series. The G maybe faster than the GS, but the interior on the G is several notches below the GS. I test drove the M when I bought the GS, its a differnce class of car really. It handles great but the ride was very stiff, worst than a BMW. The Infinity is more like a poor man's BMW and the GS is design to have a good mix of Luxury and performance and still try to maintain a comfortable ride.

Absolutely agree G Man..You are right. GS competes with the M series...Thanks for your perspective...it helps...