Air Intake Pipe

rpboy2006

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the air intake pipe. If you look in the picture, I squared the little hosethat sticks out from the air intake pipe. Can anyone tell me the function of that hose because I broke part of it off >.<. And how I should go about fixing this situation

041.jpg

Think that one is from the steering air control valve. It's function is to alter the feel of the steering. Members have often done away with that valve and said there was no adverse feeling to the steering.

They remove the valve because it starts leaking after a few years. When it leaks steering fluid fets into the engine via that pipe. This causes a dramatic loss of PAS fluid plus loads of white smoke at start up and emission problems. The cost of a new valve is under $100 if you do it yourself but some people begrudge paying it. Like I said it's widely felt the vavle has very little noticeable effect on the steering. Some have trid just removing the 2 pipes and plugging them with little success. The only sure way to do it is to remove the vavle from the bottom of the steering pump and replace it with a 14mm x 1.5 drain plug as there is a lot of pressure there.