Mufflers For My 97 Ls400

jcrome04

I was thinking about just getting a couple of chrome aftermarket mufflers for the look. because for now I am in love with the silent power of my LS so I don't want to do the ENTIRE system

Since there are no cut outs in the 2nd gen bumpers I was thinking about getting oval tipped mufflers.

I'm just looking for opinions on something like this guy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MF361-N1-Ov...tem140214823122

And this is not a for sure thing yet I'm just trying to get some ideas!

Thanks to everyone!! :D

:cheers:

yea i would go with somethin you kno is gonna have clearance i have the 1st generation so it was easy to fit flo masters on them but it wasnt that big of a difference when i put mufflers on. it was only loud at a lower rpm, till i cut the cat off.

Maybe I'll just get some oval cans with an offset outlet and get a nice tip put on them. I got under my car and noticed there is a slope to the bottom of the bumper and there are very small, very unnoticeable cut outs. and there are some metal bracket type things that would be in the way of a muffler of that type.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went ahead and made a purchase.

I'M SO EXCITED!

http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php?main_...fdb88e965535961

These are going to look sick on my car, and for now I'm not going to do the entire system, just replace the piping out of the pre-mufflers with 2 1/4" into these puppies. I want to keep it quiet :)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D