Ls 460 Custom Wheels

I just got a new 2008 LS 460 and am thinking of buying 20" wheels for this car. So, I have a number of questions to which I have received conflicting answers from a local Lexus dealership and some places that sell aftermarket wheels. I would really appreciate it if anyone could share any relevant knowledge in response to the following questions:

1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the cast, forged and 3-part wheels?

2. Will installing aftermarket 20" wheels have any adverse affect on the Lexus warranty?

3. What effect will 20" wheels have on the quality of the ride and handling of the LS?

4. Is there any truth to the claims that installing 20" wheels will negatively impact some of the systems, e.g. that the the speedometer reading will no longer be accurate or that the transmission will not shift properly.

If you have any other advice regarding 20" wheels and tires, that would be great too. And finally, if you have installed 20" wheels on an LS460 and are happy/unhappy, I would appreciate your sharing what specific wheels and tires you have installed.

Many thanks!

I just got a new 2008 LS 460 and am thinking of buying 20" wheels for this car. So, I have a number of questions to which I have received conflicting answers from a local Lexus dealership and some places that sell aftermarket wheels. I would really appreciate it if anyone could share any relevant knowledge in response to the following questions:

1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the cast, forged and 3-part wheels?

2. Will installing aftermarket 20" wheels have any adverse affect on the Lexus warranty?

3. What effect will 20" wheels have on the quality of the ride and handling of the LS?

4. Is there any truth to the claims that installing 20" wheels will negatively impact some of the systems, e.g. that the the speedometer reading will no longer be accurate or that the transmission will not shift properly.

If you have any other advice regarding 20" wheels and tires, that would be great too. And finally, if you have installed 20" wheels on an LS460 and are happy/unhappy, I would appreciate your sharing what specific wheels and tires you have installed.

Many thanks!

You and I seem to be on the same quest. I too am confused between 20" and 22". I am concerned about ride quality of the 22" I have the touring package with sport suspension. i tried to send you a forum message but it was disabled. If you would like to chat, email me audvid at ameritech.net