Can't Hear Turn Signal

This question will probably point out that I am growing deaf. Both the 2004 RX 330 we used to have and the present 2008 RX 350 have had turn signals that, to me, are almost completely silent while driving, with the result that I tend to have the turn signal on when it shouldn't be. I do not have this problem with other cars. Has anyone else had this problem? Does Lexus use a standard turn signal plug-in, so that it might be possible to find a little louder after market unit? They have so many other gadgets on this car, why not a turn signal with adjustable volume? I brought this up with the dealer, and they thought I was whacky. Maybe this is just part of the aging process.

I know what you mean! It is very quiet. Maybe we are getting a bit challenged in the hearing department. Sometimes my Wife tells me to turn off the directional cause I don't hear it. One of these days I'm going to find that flasher unit and see what I can do. It must be buried in sound deadening material! Can't be my ears! Ha Ha!

I know what you mean! It is very quiet. Maybe we are getting a bit challenged in the hearing department. Sometimes my Wife tells me to turn off the directional cause I don't hear it. One of these days I'm going to find that flasher unit and see what I can do. It must be buried in sound deadening material! Can't be my ears! Ha Ha!

Wow-Deja vu. The only time I'm at risk is when I drive alone. Now if I could find a way to turn the volume on my wife down.

This question will probably point out that I am growing deaf. Both the 2004 RX 330 we used to have and the present 2008 RX 350 have had turn signals that, to me, are almost completely silent while driving, with the result that I tend to have the turn signal on when it shouldn't be. I do not have this problem with other cars. Has anyone else had this problem? Does Lexus use a standard turn signal plug-in, so that it might be possible to find a little louder after market unit? They have so many other gadgets on this car, why not a turn signal with adjustable volume? I brought this up with the dealer, and they thought I was whacky. Maybe this is just part of the aging process.

Me too..

As long as my wife is along to let me know...

I have been planning on adding combination puddle/turn signal lights on the bottom of each outside rear view mirror and so now I guess it's time....

Then all I have to worry about is when my peripheral vision begins to fail....

A man was out driving when he saw a police car in his rear-view mirror, with it's siren wailing. The man pulled over and the police car stopped behind him.

The policeman approached the man's car and said to him: "Do you know that your wife fell out of the car five miles back?"

The man replied: "Oh thank God! I thought I had gone deaf!"

Me too..

As long as my wife is along to let me know...

I have been planning on adding combination puddle/turn signal lights on the bottom of each outside rear view mirror and so now I guess it's time....

Then all I have to worry about is when my peripheral vision begins to fail....

That sounds slick-how do you do that?

How would you guys feel if Lexus had put on turn signal lights onto the side-view mirrors? You'd always know then. Do you think it would ruin the 'look and feel' of the car?

It depends.

Some marque use outside rear view mirror mounted turn signals but are only visiable to oncoming traffic.

It seems to me that the best way would be to have marker lights, turn signal lights, and puddle lights in combination. That pretty much says they need to be mounted on the bottom of the rear view mirror.

I have also always wondered why the outside rear view mirror mounting doesn't have a slight extension over the top of the mirror so rain doesn't hit it so readily.