Driver Side Window

I have an 08 RX. There is a "Safety" function on the door windows that will reverse the automatic close, if there is something (like a hand or finger etc.) in the way. I have installed the Weather-tech rain deflectors on both the front drivers and front passenger windows. They are the not the "stick on" type. They slip into the window channel. The Passenger side will close OK, but the Drivers side will reverse when almost fully closed because of the rain deflector.

The only way I can get the window to close all the way is by holding the "up" button, and not using the auto-up feature.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the window motor that will allow me to increase the closing pressure before the reverse feature activates? I know I can take it to the Dealer, but I trust myself more! Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an 08 RX. There is a "Safety" function on the door windows that will reverse the automatic close, if there is something (like a hand or finger etc.) in the way. I have installed the Weather-tech rain deflectors on both the front drivers and front passenger windows. They are the not the "stick on" type. They slip into the window channel. The Passenger side will close OK, but the Drivers side will reverse when almost fully closed because of the rain deflector.

The only way I can get the window to close all the way is by holding the "up" button, and not using the auto-up feature.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on the window motor that will allow me to increase the closing pressure before the reverse feature activates? I know I can take it to the Dealer, but I trust myself more! Thanks!!

To "re"-initialize the previously learned full up position try holding the "up" button down for 10-15 seconds after the window is fully up.