High Pressure Power Steering Hose Leaking...

• 5 weeks later...
I have the same problem. I saw some places that sell it new for $8. Looks like exactly what I need but Im not sure. Maybe Ill try to fix it myself.

Mine's not leaking too badly...just a lil drip once in a while i see in the bottom cover. I'm going to try to look for someone who can make me a custom hose that can withstand the pressure better than stock ones.

I have the same problem. I saw some places that sell it new for $8. Looks like exactly what I need but Im not sure. Maybe Ill try to fix it myself.

Mine's not leaking too badly...just a lil drip once in a while i see in the bottom cover. I'm going to try to look for someone who can make me a custom hose that can withstand the pressure better than stock ones.

i like going with brand new parts.

no worries

You're not going to fix anything for $8. The hose is a triple layer multi threaded high pressure hose. Using anything but OEM or an alternate made for that purpose using the same material is like hooking garden hose to a fire hydrant.

there are places that can rebuild your original hose for a reasonable price. if you dont feel like looking in the yellow pages for a hose supply/repair place an oem hose was i think close to $400.

It sounds like the o'rings are bad, not the hose. There are a couple of small o'rings in the fitting that can go bad.

They are only $4 a piece, but probably need to be replaced by the dealer