Navigation & Bluetooth Annoyance

amf1932

This has been bugging me for quite awhile! This concerns owners of Lexuses that are equipped with Navigation & Bluetooth.

Situation: You have the Navigation programmed to give you a destination. You're driving along, and the sweet sounding voice on the Nav is giving directions, but if you get a phone call thru the bluetooth system you no longer get voice driving directions while you're talking on your cellphone!! There is a button on the Nav screen that let's you transfer calls directly to the cellphone, but it's grayed out while the car is moving. I tried switching my cellphone to pick up this call directly, but it drops the call.

Has anybody had this experience, and if so, is there a work around? :angry:

This has been bugging me for quite awhile! This concerns owners of Lexuses that are equipped with Navigation & Bluetooth.

Situation: You have the Navigation programmed to give you a destination. You're driving along, and the sweet sounding voice on the Nav is giving directions, but if you get a phone call thru the bluetooth system you no longer get voice driving directions while you're talking on your cellphone!! There is a button on the Nav screen that let's you transfer calls directly to the cellphone, but it's grayed out while the car is moving. I tried switching my cellphone to pick up this call directly, but it drops the call.

Has anybody had this experience, and if so, is there a work around? :angry:

The way my phone works, if I answer the phone directly, it will not go through BT. If I answer using the controls on the steering wheel or on the screen, it will go through BT. But, it does not matter how I place a call, it will go through Bluetooth unless I turn BT off on my phone (which is a pain to turn back on and reconnect so I don't do it) or car. So, in your experience, the transfer call works well? Just need to stop?