Navigation System Owners - I Need Your Help

Just bought a 2002 GS300 with Navigation System. The system will not find this particular location. It will not give me the correct city to choose from.

Can someone please put this address into their system and see if it comes up correctly?

2185 Salem Rd

Conyers, GA 30013

Once Salem Rd is entered it will not give me a Conyers, Georgia city choice. I don't like that you don't have an option to enter the city manually.

Is this a Lexus DVD problem or just a problem with my particular car?

I am not familiar with your exact system but I would confirm that the US region is set to your area. Read the FM for advice.

On my NAV system, it can make a difference if the street number is enter in separatly as a "house number" instead of entering the street name including the address number. I still fumble with this myself. Again, your system may be different.

Then I would look into a map upgrade if the information just isn't available.

Regards,

Definitely check to see first if the correct region is selected. Though there is one DVD which contains all the map data, the US is broken up into different regions. Though you can navigate through the entire US with only one region selected, it will only know the majors roads in the areas outside of that region, and hence may not show your exact street and town.

If you have selected the correct region (like mid-South or South-East) and you still cannot find your street address, the DVD may be too old and may not contain your house if it has been recently built. Since the car is from 2002, I would imagine the map data to be from 2001 or earlier. Your best bet then would be the buy the update DVD.

Sent you a PM.

I have found it more efficient to enter the city first, then the street without St., Ave, or Blvd and then choose from what is presented. You may find that the address is actually Salem Lane or Salem Way despite being told it was Salem St.

Also, if it a fairly new neighborhood, that street may not be on the map.

----------------------

Just bought a 2002 GS300 with Navigation System. The system will not find this particular location. It will not give me the correct city to choose from.

Can someone please put this address into their system and see if it comes up correctly?

2185 Salem Rd

Conyers, GA 30013

Once Salem Rd is entered it will not give me a Conyers, Georgia city choice. I don't like that you don't have an option to enter the city manually.

Region is right. I'll try to do city first and see what happens. Salem Rd has been in Conyers, Ga a LONG time. It's a main road that crosses I-20. The Nav map shows it and names it, but will not give me a Conyers city. That's weird.

• 2 years later...

Definitely check to see first if the correct region is selected. Though there is one DVD which contains all the map data, the US is broken up into different regions. Though you can navigate through the entire US with only one region selected, it will only know the majors roads in the areas outside of that region, and hence may not show your exact street and town.

If you have selected the correct region (like mid-South or South-East) and you still cannot find your street address, the DVD may be too old and may not contain your house if it has been recently built. Since the car is from 2002, I would imagine the map data to be from 2001 or earlier. Your best bet then would be the buy the update DVD.

Sent you a PM.

I just moved from California to New York and my 2002 IS300 was shipped on a flatbed truck. Now the Navi thinks I'm still in California and can't find my location. Is this related to the Region issue? If so, how do I reset the Region to NY? This was actually my brother's car, so please also let me know if I need to get any additional DVDs from him.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

2185 Salem Rd

Conyers, GA 30013

The map in you car is probably way out of date! Its probably Version 2.1 or even 1.0! My Version 8.1 has the address listed as 2185 Salem Rd SE, Conyers, GA.

Pick up the new DVD (Version 10.1) at your local Lexus dealership. Part number PT219-GEN23-10... won't be available until October 1st.