90,000 Mile Service

I just had my 2002 ES300 serviced at Lexus of Dayton (Ohio) and I could not have been more impressed. I initially brought it in due to a check engine light which showed P1130, Bank 2 air/fuel ratio sensor, I told them to fix that and while they had it they may as well complete the 90k service even though the mileage was at 83,000. They completed the following:

All prices include labor:

Replace air/fuel sensor $495

90,000 mile service $705.40

Replace wipers $35.40

Replace cam shaft seals $109.60

Replace valve cover gaskets $343.44

they discovered a leak at the valve gasket which is why they replaced that, they also suggested while there that the cam shaft seals should be replaced as a preventative measure. They did all items on the 90k service in the maintenance book but did not change the water pump. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me. I was impressed with the Lexus service....simple things like respect, fresh coffee and cookies and real glass lexus mugs. They were very cool to my kids, giving them stuffed teddy bears with lexus logos on them and a bunch of coloring books. Yeah, I know, I paid for it all but still, it was a good experience. The car runs like new, they of course detailed it as well. Total bill was $1600. Now I have some piece of mind about the timing belt and look forward to another 200k miles.

I thought I would post this so others could compare prices and get an idea what other services cost at a lexus dealer.

Have a good one.

I would expect you to be impressed for the amount of jingle ($1,600) you are dropping. People always smile when you hand them $$$$$. I have had the same experience at my old Ford dealer and prices were about the same (per hour etc)

What I do not get is why is a $190 sensor $495 (labor is not that much), wipers I can see I guess but 90,000 mile service $705.40 (TB, anti-freeze, rotate tires) +cam seals @ 109?? Cam seals are right there since the TB was replaced…I do not get it. I would say cam + crank seals $109 total but whatever. I would hope you get a new drive belt included in the service. Was that a tranny filter/fluid change?

Price vary ALOT on where you are located.

But as long as you are happy that is all that matters. But you look forward to the 200K miles service not another 200K miles..:)

i did following service @ ~286,000

Timing Belt

Water heater hoses.

Tensioner

Idler pulley baring

Drive belts.

Intake Gasket

Water Pump

Spark plug

Wire

Cam Seals

Crank shaft seal

thermostat

Coolant

Fuel filter

Valve cover gaskets

Parts cost me ~$400 and My mechanic charge me $700.

Hope that helps.

Presently my car has 305,600........FYI

Thats an excellent price on the 90k service from the dealer. I paid $1000 I think which was also a good price around here.

I like using the dealer too, even if it costs me more. Its a really enjoyable experience and IMHO, part of why I own a Lexus.

Don't worry about the water pump, its not part of the 90k on the ES.

i did following service @ ~286,000

Timing Belt

Water heater hoses.

Tensioner

Idler pulley baring

Drive belts.

Intake Gasket

Water Pump

Spark plug

Wire

Cam Seals

Crank shaft seal

thermostat

Coolant

Fuel filter

Valve cover gaskets

Parts cost me ~$400 and My mechanic charge me $700.

Hope that helps.

Presently my car has 305,600........FYI

Yup, great price. I would expect that with Mex (3.5 hours down the road from Houston).