New System Install (pics)

finally after my wait its done, great custom install by earmark car audio in plano tx. i love it. the head unit is Alpine CDA 9815, the cd compartment thingy is a c-box mainly used in porsches.

438694_20_full.jpg

438694_21_full.jpg this is what it looks like with the cd out, i can move cd's in and out of all the holders and the head unit with the car's shifter in park. i was mainly worried about that, i think it looks 10 times better in person than these pics, and also i hafta change the amber colors of my ac unit to blue now since it looks odd at night.

The install looks really good, but I think if you're going to get into turbocharging, you might kick yourself later, because that is a hot spot to stick one, maybe two gauges and atleast 1/4 din boxes like, a Boost controller, turbo timer, AIC, GCC, VPC.. But, the install does look really good, nice and clean, and the cover matches quite nicely.

all boston acoustic pro series, a 12" proseries sub, all alpine amps, if you want a good deal on the amps check out www.hookedontronics.com got my head unit for 40% off, if you trust internet sites its a pretty good one. i dont have the amps and sub yet. and im going to wait till i get the amps to install the speakers, 4" components up front and 6 1/2" full range in rear.

• 2 years later...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good dude, I am in the process of installing a 7 inch touch screen in the front and a changer in the back. Why did lexus put that BIG unit in the front anyway. Very creative. I like it.

What brand System are you thinking about? I'm interested in this (AVH-P5700DVD)Pioneer touchscreen with a rear-view camera, XM radio, changer, or (AVH-P6800DVD) with just the monitor in the front.

is it a whole new system or is it only a head unit? lol

if you got a system put up some pics, id love to see bc i just recently installed a whole new system as well that i transferred over from my 98 accord when its transmission gave out and i sold it.

1000$ just in installation... i found out the hard way these cars REALLY aren't meant for aftermarket sound systems lol

oh whoops i just read what you are getting for ur system, post pics anyways though once u get or w/e

but yea, id take out the holder and just put a new changer in the back where the stock one was, but id recommend an ipod hookup, i routed mine to the center armrest, i love it

and also u said u were putting 6 1/2 in the back, ur gonna have to do some cutting, it wont fit normally, so either be prepared to do some altering or to dish out extra bucks then a normal install

if you got a system put up some pics, id love to see bc i just recently installed a whole new system as well that i transferred over from my 98 accord when its transmission gave out and i sold it.

1000$ just in installation... i found out the hard way these cars REALLY aren't meant for aftermarket sound systems lol

not sure if you're referring to my posting:

It should be a whole new system. without the speakers. I have something like that in my LS without the touchscreen or the rearview camera.

not sure if you're referring to my posting:

It should be a whole new system. without the speakers. I have something like that in my LS without the touchscreen or the rearview camera.

no i was saying that to the guy who made the post, i wasnt sure at first if it was only the head unit or what

i was referring to speakers, amps, subs and head unit and such, a touch screen wouldnt be a system on its own and its a waste of money in my opinion to get off the start

ALTHOUGH

if you got the money, then hey by all means its a cool toy :pirate:

finally after my wait its done, great custom install by earmark car audio in plano tx. i love it. the head unit is Alpine CDA 9815, the cd compartment thingy is a c-box mainly used in porsches.

438694_20_full.jpg

438694_21_full.jpg this is what it looks like with the cd out, i can move cd's in and out of all the holders and the head unit with the car's shifter in park. i was mainly worried about that, i think it looks 10 times better in person than these pics, and also i hafta change the amber colors of my ac unit to blue now since it looks odd at night.

I think it looks great man, good show