Little Lights In The Headlights

boostedis300

i think my little lights in the headlight are burned out. how can i replace them?

pop the hood and you can see the connection on the back of the headlight....rotate the plug counter-clockwise (i think, hey, i hava a 50/50 shot here) and it will pull out...replace bulb and stick it back in and you are done.....

check lexus buld reference guide for the correct bulb.....you are looking for the parking light 168

ps - these are the parking lights, so check to make sure they are really burned out before replacing (since you said "i think" they are burned out)

pss - i stole the link from here

thanks, that helped. i took out the bulbs and they are not burned out... when do these damn lights come on?? i know they are parking lights but i mean WTF!!!! ive never seen them on. how can i test them? or see them in action>>???

ANYONE????? :(

move the lights switch (on the turn signal arm) to the off position, the first setting/click up is the parking lights...they should come on then, but with standard bulbs you will have to bend over to see them, they are not bright at all....if they are not on then replace the bulbs and work from there.....

this is all in your owner's manual

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What color bulbs did you use. White or blue?

white... the "don't use in the heated housing blah blah blah" is a total CYA move...standard fare for after-market parts...like the "for off-road use only" statements....i would love see the donkey that puts a set of headers on his/her IS and takes it off-road....

What color bulbs did you use. White or blue?

white... the "don't use in the heated housing blah blah blah" is a total CYA move...standard fare for after-market parts...like the "for off-road use only" statements....i would love see the donkey that puts a set of headers on his/her IS and takes it off-road....

Uh, race track is off road.