How Many Qts Of Oil For Sc400

rich21

5 3/8quarts depending on how hot your engine and the old oil is. I believe Mobil 1 Synthetic is the best oil, but Quaker State high mileage will do the exact some job as Mobil 1. (Don't tell me Sponsors) :blushing:

My mechanic friends say, switching to 10W30 is prudent; I say you don't have to providing you have no leaks.

i was thinking of getting mobil 1 synthetic but i heard thats only for newer cars and it would be bad to switch to that considering that my car has 106,000 miles on it. is that true? even on the mobil 1 bottles it says for newer cars. even though the sc400 recommends 5-30w would it be ok to put 10-30w. also would it be ok to put just 6 qts cause thats how many i got?

That's bull. Synthetic is just a reformed oil. Yes the bottle says for newer cars, but you can use them. Both of my lexus cars have 5w and 10w, with no problems--and i have 183 and 201k cars.

You can use 10w instead of the 5w; it's fine

If you have 6 bottles, use the amount that your car needs. Keep checking the dipstick as you pour your final bottle. You don't want to overfill.

so you can use mobil 1 anytime in your cars life. cool. so then i would just use up these bottles and in the next oil change i'll use mobil 1. now is there or would there be a difference when i start using mobil 1 and how much would it improve your engine?

You won't feel the difference immediately, but one day, your engine will burn more efficiently, and you might pick-up some torque.

While you're using the non-synthetic, I would suggest using a can of Restore. It will clean up the cylinders. Better efficiency.

By the way, I was reading the other post about your heater issue. If you're going to take the car in for service, have them do a coolant flush. If it's not a bright green anymore, it may cause future problems. :)

i had a new radiator put in a couple months ago and they put in the orange coolant in the radiator. so i think im good there. one more thing. since i have 106k in the car is it bad to drain and refill the tranny fluid. right now i feel a little slpping in the tranny. i bought the type IV fluid from lexus i know it takes two qts. would it help any if i were to change fluid from the pan. and what are steps to drain and refill the tranny fluid?