1998 Sc300 Audio System Options Needed Please Help

Brother lexus owners I need your help

What options do I have for replacing or fixing my Nachimachi ( sorry can't spell

) audio system?

The CD player skips and on occasions a CD jams between the storage box and cd player, requirening me to hack saw the cd in half in order to release and remove the storage unit.

For awhile now a hardly audable buzz is heard when the radio is on and the radio's volume is also reduced somewhat . Most recently the sound goes off and on (regardles what is playing radio,CD, tape deck) currently all sound is off.

I gotta believe the systems is shot what do you think?

Do you know a good replacement system? does it sound to you (no pun intended ) as if I need a new amp or just a head unit. What system would you recommend ??I would like to use existing speakers and at least get a radio and cd player installed.Can my system be easly converted to play MP3 or what ever the latest technology is.

YOU HELPFULL RECOMMENDATIONS ARE APPRECIATED sorry I'm shouting but I don't know if you can hear me.

Scott