Car Mileage At Delivery (is 250 Mt)

Hello,

I just took delivery on a new IS 250, 6 speed manual a couple of days ago. When I took delivery, I noticed that the mileage on the new car was 35. I thought it was rather high or is this just about right? Can you please share the mileage on the car when you first bought your car? Thanks.

Hello,

I just took delivery on a new IS 250, 6 speed manual a couple of days ago. When I took delivery, I noticed that the mileage on the new car was 35. I thought it was rather high or is this just about right? Can you please share the mileage on the car when you first bought your car? Thanks.

9 miles - but I wouldn't worry about it - they may have had it driven over to their lot as a trade from another lexus dealer.

Hello,

I just bought mine on Saturday and the mileage was 24, it was driven over from a different dealership...I have always heard under 45 is about normal

mine only had 7 since I skipped dealer prep, 35 would certainly be reasonable if it was driven from a dealership in the next town or something... any further away it would've been trucked though. It's certainly also possible yours was test driven a time or two by someone else before you bought it.

People test drives new cars from the lot now - "demonstrators" are a thing of the past. I guess, depending on the turnover of the dealer's inventory and the appeal of each vehicle, a car could get a couple of hundred miles put on it before it sells.

(EDIT: Mine had 70 miles on it when I picked it up)

When the out-of-state dealer sent me the odometer statement to sign (like I really had a chance to look at it :rolleyes: ) it said 14 miles. When I took delivery, it had 24 miles. Someone drove it a little, maybe as part of dealer prep, a quick test, or a curious transport driver.