Trac Code 25 And 51 After Seafoam

aarman4

Okay guys, did my first Seafoam today, VERY windy outside so I didn't get as much joy as I thought I would from doing it, what a smell though. Anyways, Drove it for about 100 km's and then it threw the trac and cel light on me. Got home tonight and I pulled codes trac 25 and 51. One is for open or short sub-tps and the other for ECM error.

I cleared the codes, and took the car for a quick drive, trying to simulate the condition it was under when the error happened (80-100km/h[45-62MPH] and cruise control), but couldn't throw the code again.

I don't think it is related to the seafoaming I did, as the codes came up well after alot of driving, but has anyone ever had to deal with this code before, especially near after a seafoam?

Thanks!

Did you do the Seafoam right?? It didn't cause any problems for me.. It must have just been a fluke if it's not throwing codes anymore!

Oh yes, I did it right, very fun, very stinky, i think it was coincidence, but I am not a big fan of phantom codes... I like to fix things that are wrong, not have them be wrong for a few seconds and then right again ;)

I guess I should just be happy that I don;t have any codes right now, lol

Did you do the Seafoam right?? It didn't cause any problems for me.. It must have just been a fluke if it's not throwing codes anymore!

Oh yes, I did it right, very fun, very stinky, i think it was coincidence, but I am not a big fan of phantom codes... I like to fix things that are wrong, not have them be wrong for a few seconds and then right again ;)

I guess I should just be happy that I don;t have any codes right now, lol

IT CAME BACK!!!!

I went on the same drive i did the other day, same types of driving (long highway drive in, followed by stop and go between stores in the city over 4 or 5 hours), and at the same time, just leaving the city and getting back up to highway speed, the CEL came on.

It is trac code 51 only this time.

I imagine the sub-TPS is the closer of the two butterflies to the air filter.....Any ideas?

Thanks!

Okay,

after a few days of bedrest, I went outside and took my code 51 further and researched what engine code came out, and it was a 71, EGR system malfunction.

I cracked the egr filter open and pulled the filter, blew it out in there as it was dusty, but I think it's mostly from the filter material...Anyways, I cleared the code, took her for a good run, up to 160 km/h a few times, nice and slow a few times, and medium a few times... Didn;t come back, hopefully that all I get from that!

Sidenote: Anyone here change the filter in the egr filter pack? I know there isn;t a replacement filter, but what kind of material do you use if you do change it?

Thanks!

There should be some info on it at lexls.com

i was going to do it to my 97 LS but it doesn't have that little filter.

By the way...Any update on the parts you were interested in? B)