Body Side Molding

AtomicDog

Hello to all. I am new here.

I bought my 2008 ES 350 back in October, 2007 (Royal Ruby, UL, Chrome Wheels, XM, Clear Bra). I ordered the body side molding but at the time it was on hold by Lexus. Well, it has now been released my salesman tells me. Now I don't know if I really want the molding now. I like the way the car looks without them. I also notice that some other manufacturers are not including them as standard equipment.

So, getting straight to the point:

How many here have the body side molding? And, if you don't have them, do you want them? In general, I'd like to hear what people think of body side molding on their ES 350.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

AtomicDog

In one word - unsightly. I think they make the ES look more Lucrene'esk than need be. I wouldn't recommend them....

They are reminiscent of the LeSabre 330. The 350 is finally pulling out of Buick design territory - don't regress! :)

I have it on my 07 ES and I love it,it breaks up the slab look. Lets face it,car manufacturers are making it an option only to make more on the sale.

In one word - unsightly. I think they make the ES look more Lucrene'esk than need be. I wouldn't recommend them....

They are reminiscent of the LeSabre 330.

The LeSabre 330??? :huh:

I don't think it looks anything like the LeSabre. Now, the Buick Lacrosse looks JUST like the 02-06 ES, but it came out after the ES did.

I see absolutely no resemblance:

Buick LeSabre:

270351_00486e5a-448c-44b8-b783-2af44e6c6cda.jpg

Lexus ES330:

16b8_4.JPG

Now the Buick Lacrosse:

d4b6_4.JPG

But it was designed to look like the ES.

I was certainly not trying to be offensive. Clearly, the 330, LeSabre and LaCrosse have the same demographic. I think the 350 will definitely broaden the range of consumers who are/will be interested in the Lexus line, especially the ES model.

(I will make sure ‘LeSabre 330’ is never spoken again) ;)

I'm not offended, I just honestly don't see any resemblance. This is the first I've ever heard of anybody seeing a resemblance either...

Same here Steve, none whatsoever....that's why I was (still am) a little baffled. :blink: And we've been here a while lol. :lol: :whistles:

:cheers:

Most of the people who I know, who have seen my 350 have first made the IS comment and then said "Oh, I thought it was the one that looked like a Buick." I am surprised you have never heard anyone say that..... although if I had the 330/300 maybe they wouldn’t feel as free to say it looks like a Buick? They are all very sharp cars - so ultimately it doesn’t matter. Clearly from this site, there are many people who like the 300/330 better than the 350.

Ok, Ok, if anyone comes up to me and says it is a Buick, I may hurt them!!! ha ha. Hey, I did go up to a Jaguar owner once and said, "hey is that the new Kia! Wow!" Cant remember the model but one of the Kia's look somewhat like a Jaguar....boy they were *BLEEP*ed. Now, I know what I would feel like if someone called my ES350 a Buick!!!! :lol:

I honestly have never had anyone tell me it looks like a Buick.

As for liking the 300/330 better than the 350, I only like the interior better. I prefer the exterior and the ride and drive of the 350. The interior of the 350 is too spartan for me.

I bought my 2008 ES 350 back in October, 2007 (Royal Ruby, UL, Chrome Wheels, XM, Clear Bra). I ordered the body side molding but at the time it was on hold by Lexus. Well, it has now been released my salesman tells me. Now I don't know if I really want the molding now. I like the way the car looks without them. I also notice that some other manufacturers are not including them as standard equipment.

How many here have the body side molding? And, if you don't have them, do you want them? In general, I'd like to hear what people think of body side molding on their ES 350.

AtomicDog

I've got them on my new ES350 and love them. They don't look bad and they protect the car. There's nothing worse than some jerk putting a bid dent into your new ES!

I have a 07 ES350 with 8500 miles on it. I love the car! I'm retired and don't drive a lot of miles. I bought the body side molding and installed it myself. The Dealer wanted 150.00 to install it. I personally like the way it look's on the car. I still watch where I park because some large SUV door's would miss the molding.

post-48662-1205611089_thumb.jpg Ron

• 1 month later...

I got the moldings front back and sides.

With the black on black they add a look I wanted plus the tap protection.

I also disagree about this making it a :lol: buick. The Lucerne seems like a nice car but no one has ever confused the 2.

But that is what makes inet bboards good, different opinions. :D

post-67703-1209261588_thumb.jpg

I had them added to my 08 "Dark Blue" and they are very subtle. They blend well, yet break up the "slab look" nicely. The only objection is the outrageous price of $450 my dealer charges - almost as ridiculous as the prices quoted for the XM tuner - but that's another story...

I had them added to my 08 "Dark Blue" and they are very subtle. They blend well, yet break up the "slab look" nicely. The only objection is the outrageous price of $450 my dealer charges - almost as ridiculous as the prices quoted for the XM tuner - but that's another story...

Makes the styling completely better. Slab sides are very old fashioned.

STU

Ok ok.... I will admit the moldings do not look as ghastly on the darker colors.... because you can’t see them as well.

When I saw the picture of the gorgeous starfire pearl ES with the moldings… I almost shed a tear. :cries:

I also disagree about this making it a :lol: buick. The Lucerne seems like a nice car but no one has ever confused the 2.

I don't believe those are the OEM moldings...

Hmmmmm u think I got seperate dealer moldings not OEM? y is that?

regardless I like 'em, very small and subtle. Saved me from some !@#$% door-ping already

I don't believe those are the OEM moldings...

• 3 weeks later...

The only difference I see is that the ones on the bumpers appear a little thicker, I also have molding on my wheel-wells.

I am thinking of adding 4 foot spikes from my wheels, battering rams in front and back. I cannot seem to park far enuf away from fools! :angry:

The OEM moldings are only for the doors, they don't have them for the bumpers, and they look different.

• 2 weeks later...

AtomicDog