Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can't Use The Search Feature

Lot's of problems using the site! 1. The forum search feature won't work. Search for "2009 RX 400H" I get the following message: "One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Mike Mc

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the search issue is now resolved.

Gosh, the new "Google Custom Search" seems crude ... wondering if I don't know how to use it.

How does one limit the search to one sub-forum and search for multiple words using + signs. How does one limit the search to a particular "from date" and vary the date order of the returned list of threads.

Could we have the old search feature back? Maybe you could have both it and the Google search.

• 1 month later...
the search issue is now resolved.

Gosh, the new "Google Custom Search" seems crude ... wondering if I don't know how to use it.

How does one limit the search to one sub-forum and search for multiple words using + signs. How does one limit the search to a particular "from date" and vary the date order of the returned list of threads.

Could we have the old search feature back? Maybe you could have both it and the Google search.

Judging by the number of responses you got to your questions (NONE) I'd say nobody else here knows how to use the new search either. All I get now when trying to search a sub forum is a bunch of useless Google ads! :censored:

• 1 month later...

LOC is hardly abandoned and forgotten. We're all here....thousands of new members and hundreds of new posts per day...but abandoned and forgotten :rolleyes:

I don't care for the new Google search either...I'm sure Steve will address it when he gets back. Nothing any of us can do about it...

• 1 month later...

hi guys, apologise i did not see this thread.

I agree the google search is not brilliant, it was to get over the 3 letter limit. However, we are due to upgrade the whole system before the year is out so please bear with me.

• 9 months later...

The search feature on the forums now use the forum software search and not google.

Until the next version of the software upgrade this search is limited to 4 letters or more.

The new version of the search is apparently greatly improved.

The search feature on the forums now use the forum software search and not google.

Until the next version of the software upgrade this search is limited to 4 letters or more.

Oh weird, I was just using it yesterday and it was still linking me to the good search. but ya its using the forum software now.

Thank you, Steve, for making the forum search the new default. Is there a way you could give use both the Google and the forum search? Maybe the Google search from the Search button at the top of the page and the forum search in the drop down menu at the bottom of the page ... the way it used to be.

Mainly, Steve, thanks for keeping this forum going.

• 1 year later...