Average Owners Age

mhawkin1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - it's been four years since I posed this question. I just turned 33, and love my 2008 ES more than I did four years ago. The ES now has 52K miles on it. This car is easy to live with, easy to grow with, and was an impressive choice by my 29 year old self!

Prior to the ES, I never kept a car longer than 16 months. I still love cars, and test drive a lot – I haven’t found anything I like more than my ES. I’m hopeful for the 2013 ES hybrid, but I don’t think I will trade my car in regardless.

For what it’s worth, you couldn’t pay me to be 29 again. I’ll post again when I turn 37 – and I am sure I’ll say the same thing about being 33. Best regards everyone.

I purchased my '07 Lexus es350 from a Toyota dealership in September of 2009, after I tested out the 2010 Corolla "S" and the 2010 Camry XLE. I hopped in the Lexus and put my foot down and OH BOY, It was the one for me. The car had 28k miles on it, I was 19 years old at the time. Now I'm 21 and the car has 64k. I had a few problems at first, Car had a bad battery and 3 different brands of tires on it. I got that sorted out swiftly. Best car I have ever owned. Also, cost 10 times more than anything else I owned before, but it was well worth it. :)

• 9 months later...

Interesting read through these posts. I am new here and enjoy the site. I turn 60 later this month and just got my first Lexus, 2010 ES 350. I have owned a Cressida, 3 Camry's, and 2 4Runners. I have to admit the ES350 is the best riding car I have owned. Bought it off a Toyota dealer's lot with the intensional desire to get another Camry. Once I test drove it I was sold!

• 2 weeks later...

The average age of the buyers of new ES350's is around 60. Lexus hoped to lower that a bit with the 2007-2012 gen but I don't think the needle moved too much. Maybe the new gen will be different but that remains to be seen.

It seems that buyers of pre-owned ES350's tend to be a little younger.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 35, I have to say I thought of it as an older persons car but when I rode in one as a passenger for get this the first time ever I wanted one. Went out and bought a 2010 ES 350 a week later and love it. ultra Luxery package makes it even nicer IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought mine at age 69 does that mean I am driving an old mans car? LOL Anyway I look and I am more fit than some half my age so I am not worried about that. As far as music I run the range from George Jones, Alan jackson, R&B, Jazz, Blues, 60's R&R, to Daddy Yankee with a little Mozart thrown in for good measure.

• 2 weeks later...

My ES is about to turn five! I have nearly 72k miles and still love the ES. Too many trips from Indiana to Hilton Head!

SW do you have a GS now? Thoughts on the new Michelin Defenders? You're my tire guy!

Any news on the new NX from Lexus? We have a Rav and I really feel an NX300h could be right up our ally. I really do not want to wait until 2015 though.

I just had the latest transmission reprogram completed Thursday and it really makes a diffence and makes the shifts a lot sharper.

Okay - thanks all for keeping this thread alive so long!

Regards

• 1 year later...

Well, here we are a year and a half since my last post. The ES is going to flip 100K miles today. I cannot believe it - still very happy with the car and in mild shock that I have not replaced it.

I will answer my own question about the Michelin Defenders - do not buy them; the Michelin Primacy MXV4 is definitely the way to go.

SW do you have thoughts on changing the transmission fluid? There are differing opinions online but I am torn. I cannot imagine Toyota advising that the transmission is sealed if there were going to be problems before 200K, and my dealer will essentially not change it because it is not advised by Lexus.

Hope you're all doing well.

Loved reading through all these posts. I am driving a 2010 ES350 that I just bought as a CPO. I'm 61 and have for the last 20 years I have lived debt free so as I always do paid cash for this one. I had no trade in as I gave my son my 4Runner. Put a set of Michelin Primacy MXV4's at 30psi and you will not feel any road bumps or noise. It's great to see the younger folks migrating to the ES350. PS. vehicles ride better when they are paid for.:)

Congrats on the new CPO Gap. You are so right about car loans......I took my first loan on the Lexus because of the low interest rate.....and paid it off in 16 payments because I did not like the feeling - never again.

Congrats on the new CPO Gap. You are so right about car loans......I took my first loan on the Lexus because of the low interest rate.....and paid it off in 16 payments because I did not like the feeling - never again.

Good for you! Could I have walked away with a new 2014? Yes. But I have learned over the years to live within my means. It is a sweet feeling (financial peace) entering into retirement in Feb 2015 with no debt including the home mortgage. Loans on depreciating items like vehicles just never made much sense. But that is just me.

45 here and I fit the previously stated estimation of buying CPO.

Congrats on having no car note. Unfortunately I'm not in that bracket yet.

However, my old Ford is paid for and fine for local trips down Main St. Just not best for any longer trips anymore. But I've kept it for the local errands and taking dogs to the vet.

I traded in my 09 Mini Cooper and my payments on the 2010 CPO are not drastically higher. Which is really nice for a lot more car.