Average Owners Age

mhawkin1

Picking my fully loaded ES 350 (Ultra pack with Levinson etc) Black on Black Tomorrow. ...yadda yadda yadaa

I am 42-Male , this car is sleeker looking than the infiniti g35 (the G 37 is nice but I do not fit well in there)--2 small and I have 2 girls. I prob. would have went for the Lexus GS but the 2 kids (all wheel drive train hump in the backseat ) and one will be driving in a year (yikes).

So i was thinking Volvo S80 Infiniti M35 (AWD) than 350. I liked the new 350 so much I bought it!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking my fully loaded ES 350 (Ultra pack with Levinson etc) Black on Black Tomorrow. ...yadda yadda yadaa

I am 42-Male , this car is sleeker looking than the infiniti g35 (the G 37 is nice but I do not fit well in there)--2 small and I have 2 girls. I prob. would have went for the Lexus GS but the 2 kids (all wheel drive train hump in the backseat ) and one will be driving in a year (yikes).

So i was thinking Volvo S80 Infiniti M35 (AWD) than 350. I liked the new 350 so much I bought it!

Hey rjt65, welcome to the club. I replied to another message of yours. I bought mine in Dec 07....exactly what you bought (black on black, UL etc). I looked at all the cars you looked at and more. You are right on about the GS...what is up with those humps!!! Especially the one in the drivers well! Not to mention, the loss of about 3 cu ft in the trunk! For about 7K less, I thought the ES did just fine.

Now, let me advise you of something regarding this forum. You are going to get the good and the bad! Now, I think that is good. Read the posts on the problems and be ready for them. Hopefully you won't have any but we all have some. My issues (so far and I have about 3000 miles on mine) is the transmission surges at 20mph and 40mph (in my car this helps sometimes in snow etc). Also, I have some "creaks" or what some call "ticking" noises inside (mine happens mainly when it is cold out). When I take my car in at the 5000 mile checkup, I am going to bring these up. So, hopefully they will be fixed. Others have had some major issues....but again, wait and see. I do like my car and I like the comfort and quietness (except the creaks). I just wanted to warn you since I have been here now for 3 months and you just need to be ready.

Also, check the post on General Cleaning and Maintenance, I started a post about how I should clean and maintain my cars appearance. If you want to start what is called "detailing", look there for some advice. The link is below. Good luck and welcome!!!!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry297880

post-63079-1206580289_thumb.jpg

Sometimes people just think that all people of their particular age group should think and feel the same as they do.

I for example am 59 years old and bought a 2008 ES 350, UL, Royal Ruby, Cashmere, chrome wheels, XM, and clear bra back in October.

I drove the BMW 3-Series and the MB C-class, but those cars were just too small. So was the IS. I'm just not interested in driving fast and "donuting" and stuff if you know what I mean. Most local law enforcement don't allow such behavior, plus it's down right dangerous and expensive. I much prefer to just cruise along and enjoy the view and the luscious amenities of my ES 350. Plus, I'll let you in on a little secret: my son-ion-law got me over $6,000 off of the MSRP since he works for Toyota.

I've always known that Lexus was a great car just never had the money to buy one. I was too busy raising three kids who are now 39, 38, and 32 years old. Some people my age only like the music of the 60's and 70's. Heck, I like that hip-hop and rap! Can you believe it?

I guess what I'm saying is "to each his or her own".

AtomicDog

(a.k.a. PapaDaddy)

Congrats RJT! I hope you will love your car as much as I love mine. It's a sweet ride. Do heed the advice JGT gave about the LOC and take good care of it.

Sometimes people just think that all people of their particular age group should think and feel the same as they do.

I for example am 59 years old and bought a 2008 ES 350, UL, Royal Ruby, Cashmere, chrome wheels, XM, and clear bra back in October.

I drove the BMW 3-Series and the MB C-class, but those cars were just too small. So was the IS. I'm just not interested in driving fast and "donuting" and stuff if you know what I mean. Most local law enforcement don't allow such behavior, plus it's down right dangerous and expensive. I much prefer to just cruise along and enjoy the view and the luscious amenities of my ES 350. Plus, I'll let you in on a little secret: my son-ion-law got me over $6,000 off of the MSRP since he works for Toyota.

I've always known that Lexus was a great car just never had the money to buy one. I was too busy raising three kids who are now 39, 38, and 32 years old. Some people my age only like the music of the 60's and 70's. Heck, I like that hip-hop and rap! Can you believe it?

I guess what I'm saying is "to each his or her own".

AtomicDog

(a.k.a. PapaDaddy)

Not so much into the rap, but hip-hop is alright. I have some of it on my iPod. But, I just shuffle all the music and I'll get anything from the 50's to 2008! It's funny, go from Beatles "P.S. I Love You" to Soulja Boy "Crank It".

Anyway, enjoy your new wheels, "'cause this is how we roll!"

thank u--just read the other reply and thanks for the link!

I was a little horrified as I found this site after purchasing the other night (while deciding on extended warranty or not) and all the issues peole listed.

It seems like most of the issues were on 2007 models, but obviously there would be a lot more out there on 2007 models so I am a keeping my fingers crossed.

this site was great to find! I also use edmunds forum. I already called to ask the service mgr prepping my car to lift the headlights...hope they do!

thanks again

Hey rjt65, welcome to the club. I replied to another message of yours. I bought mine in Dec 07....exactly what you bought (black on black, UL etc). I looked at all the cars you looked at and more. You are right on about the GS...what is up with those humps!!! Especially the one in the drivers well! Not to mention, the loss of about 3 cu ft in the trunk! For about 7K less, I thought the ES did just fine.

Now, let me advise you of something regarding this forum. You are going to get the good and the bad! Now, I think that is good. Read the posts on the problems and be ready for them. Hopefully you won't have any but we all have some. My issues (so far and I have about 3000 miles on mine) is the transmission surges at 20mph and 40mph (in my car this helps sometimes in snow etc). Also, I have some "creaks" or what some call "ticking" noises inside (mine happens mainly when it is cold out). When I take my car in at the 5000 mile checkup, I am going to bring these up. So, hopefully they will be fixed. Others have had some major issues....but again, wait and see. I do like my car and I like the comfort and quietness (except the creaks). I just wanted to warn you since I have been here now for 3 months and you just need to be ready.

Also, check the post on General Cleaning and Maintenance, I started a post about how I should clean and maintain my cars appearance. If you want to start what is called "detailing", look there for some advice. The link is below. Good luck and welcome!!!!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry297880

You are probably right there TomWoodLexus....but I have to tell you, I looked hard at the GS350 before I bought my ES. I just didn't see the "best value" for the additional monies. It wasn't about being able to afford it either, it was that the room in the ES (interior and trunk) which was much better than the GS. I liked the outside and inside styling more in the GS but it wasn't worth it to me. Now, maybe the GS460 is better but if it had all the AWD stuff (like less trunk space and the hump in the driver's well), I still wouldn't get it. Now, the LS is a different story...maybe that will be my next car...not sure though! Need to make more money because that would be an affordability issue!

The GS has never appealed to me either, I just have never seen anything about it that would make me purchase one over the ES. Its RWD, which is better, but its smaller, not that much sportier really. I just don't get it.

The GS has never appealed to me either, I just have never seen anything about it that would make me purchase one over the ES. Its RWD, which is better, but its smaller, not that much sportier really. I just don't get it.

Hey SW03ES, I don't get it but.....my wife did! She liked the "dual" headlights and the rear lights better than the ES (I actually like the rear lights better also). Plus on the inside there were some amenities that she liked better than the ES (the extra storage in the console, the "normal" opening of the console compartment (even though I am getting used to the ES), and the squared off look around the nav system (squared off boundary with circular buttons vs. the circular boundary and the square buttons on the inside)). Now I hope you can tell that this was my wife noticing this stuff. When I rented our first apartment for us (without her seeing it), the first question she asked me was what color the kitchen/bathroom was....and I told her I didn't know but I knew that it HAD a kitchen and a bathroom! Men are from Mars and Women from Venus!!! lol! Hey, by the way, just want to make sure you know that I give you and detaildoc ALL the credit on me understanding detailing a little better...going to do it next weekend after I get my stuff..thanks again!

B)

Now I feel like a Man!

OK, I'm 50. Still feelin' like a kid playing my drums on weekends. But, I am a busn. professional. I love my BRAND NEW 2002 LS430?????

Well, brand new to me.

It holds my complete drum set with room to spare (my wife).

Really, I have always driven CARS. Not trucks. I enjoy luxury and gadgets. Dunno why?

Lets ride with comfort!

Dave

B)

Now I feel like a Man!

OK, I'm 50. Still feelin' like a kid playing my drums on weekends. But, I am a busn. professional. I love my BRAND NEW 2002 LS430?????

Well, brand new to me.

Really, I have always driven CARS. Not trucks. I enjoy luxury and gadgets. Dunno why?

Lets ride with comfort!

Dave

Dave, I have my "snare drum and high hat" in my office and I am turning the big 50 in June! Uh oh, and I bought an 08 ES (probably what you paid for your 02 LS) and I play golf................omg, I am my DAD!!! When did that happen!!! Watch out nyuhsuk, it will happen to you too!!!! LOL

Hey SW03ES, I don't get it but.....my wife did! She liked the "dual" headlights and the rear lights better than the ES (I actually like the rear lights better also). Plus on the inside there were some amenities that she liked better than the ES (the extra storage in the console, the "normal" opening of the console compartment (even though I am getting used to the ES), and the squared off look around the nav system (squared off boundary with circular buttons vs. the circular boundary and the square buttons on the inside)). Now I hope you can tell that this was my wife noticing this stuff. When I rented our first apartment for us (without her seeing it), the first question she asked me was what color the kitchen/bathroom was....and I told her I didn't know but I knew that it HAD a kitchen and a bathroom! Men are from Mars and Women from Venus!!! lol! Hey, by the way, just want to make sure you know that I give you and detaildoc ALL the credit on me understanding detailing a little better...going to do it next weekend after I get my stuff..thanks again!

In the new design, I do like the LOOK of the interior on the GS better (better leather stitching, the surround for the nav screen is squared off and looks better, gauges look more expensive etc) its just ROOM where the GS really suffers.

On the exterior...I vastly prefer the ES350.

B)

Now I feel like a Man!

Well, brand new to me.

Lets ride with comfort!

Dave

Dave, I have my "snare drum and high hat" in my office and I am turning the big 50 in June! Uh oh, and I bought an 08 ES (probably what you paid for your 02 LS) and I play golf................omg, I am my DAD!!! When did that happen!!! Watch out nyuhsuk, it will happen to you too!!!! LOL

Ack! I just took up golfing a few years back... I just may be already hurtling down the road...

B)

Now I feel like a Man!

Well, brand new to me.

Lets ride with comfort!

Dave

Ack! I just took up golfing a few years back... I just may be already hurtling down the road...

Don't worry, you age the most when you have a wife and kid(s). You know, you need a bigger house, buy more food, worry about keeping your job to afford all that, school (private if that's what your wife chooses), saving for retirement, saving for college. That's when you need a little bit to escape all that, some people play drums, golf, or whatever gives you a little bit of you time the healthy way. Personally I played soccer until I blew my ACL, now I'll take up cycling again. These are the activities that make you feel younger. Also, going on dates with my wife in the ES, makes me feel like a million bucks!

Hey I don't think it matters what everyone else thinks as long as you like your car! I am 17 and have an 07 ES350. My friends just don't understand why I didn't get an Infiniti G35 or the IS, they just don't get how nice the car is. I mean, it really is a powerful car, the car just explodes with power if you need to put the hammer down, it's quality surpasses that of any other car its size and it has a top notch sound system (I have the ultra luxury with the Mark Levinson sound)

you can't ask for anything better!

I have owned my 08 ES for eight days now; the common question that is posed when my friends first see the car is - "Why didn't you get the IS?" I turned 29 on the day I picked my car up (completely coincidence) but I started to wonder what the average age was for owners of the ES, more specifically the 350? I test drove the IS twice, and did not like the car at all.

Just curious as to why I am hearing this question so often. Not that I really give a rip if they like the IS better, just shows I have better taste! ;)

(PriusChat had 'Polls' that contained this information - but I could not find this info when I searched this forum.)

Matt

Matt,

My dad is 64 and I am 34 we both drive the ES 350. The ES330 to me was a old man car, but the new ES is the bomb. I threw 20" inches chrome wheels and what a difference.

Jason

hey saabkyle, we all hate you now in this forum....17 and an Lexus!!!! are you one of those wiz kids that invented google???? ha ha...just kidding! more power to you! enjoy the lexus (ok...some of us may envy you a little...took us 43 years longer to get our first Lexus)....... :rolleyes:

just turned 21 black on black is the way to go IMO I woulda gotten one earlier but I bought my parents 07 camry for their aniversary

lol @ saabkyle, for about 2-3 months I was considering getting an infiniti too but decided to go w/ the reliable toyota esp in toronto where our roads are full of salt/snow/worlds worst drivers (toronto statistically has the worlds worst drivers :( )

just turned 21 black on black is the way to go IMO I woulda gotten one earlier but I bought my parents 07 camry for their aniversary

lol @ saabkyle, for about 2-3 months I was considering getting an infiniti too but decided to go w/ the reliable toyota esp in toronto where our roads are full of salt/snow/worlds worst drivers (toronto statistically has the worlds worst drivers :( )

OK Tom S. we all hate you too! ha ha. Did you buy your parents a Camry? Ok, you and saabkyle are the two guys who invented google!!! LOL

I know about salt and snow....Pennsylvania is the same way....but maybe not the world's worst drivers' though. But you know what, I think Boston, MA has the dubious honor for having the world's worst drivers...I think Toronto is a distant 2nd then! :)

OK Tom S. we all hate you too! ha ha. Did you buy your parents a Camry? Ok, you and saabkyle are the two guys who invented google!!! LOL

I know about salt and snow....Pennsylvania is the same way....but maybe not the world's worst drivers' though. But you know what, I think Boston, MA has the dubious honor for having the world's worst drivers...I think Toronto is a distant 2nd then! :)

Tom.S and saabkyle,

NICE to see our younger generation having early successes :) I am 37 and got a killer deal on a UL w/ ML; however, after driving it for 1,000 miles I decided it was not what I was looking for in a daily driver and so I purchased an IS 350 - WOW, now that is a performance ride!

BaddBoi