Tanabe Df210 Spings... F_word F#*k Damn$t

2rotor

I installed the Tanabe Springs today.. It looks like crap. The front is crazy low compared to the back. I just spent 5 hours swapping out the springs for sub-par results. The front went in great, and the drop is very acceptable, the rear on the otherhand... Terrible.. What could have gone wrong? I know I used the correct springs in the correct locations...

Anyone else have this happen??

The first picture is "BEFORE", 2nd picture is front done rear not, all the rest are "completed"... I am very unhappy..

post-34847-1205103387_thumb.jpg

post-34847-1205103410_thumb.jpg

post-34847-1205103433_thumb.jpg

post-34847-1205103488_thumb.jpg

17x9 with 245/45/17.. But tire size shouldn't really effect the ride Height that much..... It is CRAZY jacked up in the back.. I am going to fill it up with gas, but it won't make that much of a difference.. geez.

the first pic u have, look at the rear gap and the wheel itself......it looks like the rear is tilted out at the top, that is an indication of the car sitting to high i believe.....just a thought here, im not to good with suspension, its just an observation, hope u get this resolved, i was thinking of getting the megans myself

I figured out the problem.. i forgot to cut the rear bump stops.. I cut them and it instantly dropped. I had to roll the fenders severely... The offset is crazy low for the stock body.. Overall I am happy with the way the entire setup turned out. It looks MEAN and wide.. My clear lenses for the front should be here Monday.. I am powdercoating the wheels black, then am painting the car black... kinda murdering it out...I have never been big on chrome...

post-34847-1205719797_thumb.jpg

It rides what I would assume factory felt like 332k miles ago.. It lost all it's bodyroll, without making the ride stiff.. It feels like a new car..

I had to roll my fenders for the tire/wheel combo I have but if you were to put a higher offset (like 35-45mm, i have 24mm offset) it wouldn't be needed.

So far I am very pleased with the results, they don't take away from the original intent of the car, and are not so low that I worry about bottoming out..

I was lucky and bought them from someone who had purchased them NEW and never installed them.. I got the springs, a Celsior Grill, and Curtains for $150 shipped...

But the springs can be had for as low as $220 on certain websites..

i looked into these and it said it only had a 1.3 inch drop in the rear and a 1.8 in the front......do u have a part number off of a box? i would like a 2 inch like u said urs had

The Tanabe DF210's actually settle very close to 2". What does the Celsior grill look like? Just the same but with the Toyota emblem??

Can't wait to see those wheels powder coated!

Wow dude, you're right, coming along VERY nicely. The wheels look awesome powdercoated. Let's see them on the ride!! :D :D

Keep up the good work man looks like you're going in the right direction!