? Part Number For 4" Speakers For Sc400

I read all the speaker discussion for the Nakamichi speaker replacement that I could find. Wonderful discussion of how the replace and test speakers.

Does anyone have a part number & maker for the 4 in speakers that are nonLexus?

I would greaty appreciate it. I contacted Crutchfield with no luck.

Well I looked around a tried the fit of a few against a removed Nakamichi speaker. Thought I had one with the pioneer 4in at circuit city but the 4 mounting holes don't line up. SO I tried the Boston S45 in the rear and good fit. The connections have changed since 1995 so you will need to splice the negative (white with black) to make a good commection. The boston are a little deeper but it does not matter in the rear. May matter in the door but dont know. The sound is good but I am not an audiophile. The cost was $99 for a pair but there is probably a better cost out there.

There are great link and info on the forum already on how to get access to the speakers

Norm

• 5 months later...

Just FYI, if you want 4" stock speaker replacements for a SC300 or SC400, there is a guy with 80 sets for sale on ebay (not me!). Do a search for SC400 speakers, get a set of 4 for $100 delivered... I just did all four of my 4" speakers yesterday, it went fine. Can't beat the price, believe me I have looked...

norm1949j, These are the 4" speakers I put in the back of my Sc. CDT Audio a good company & speaker. The Web site, woofersetc.com has a large selection of speakers to choose from with reasonable prices.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...;Product_ID=869

Here are the following steps (Done by me) needed to replace the rear speakers.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry234717

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI, if you want 4" stock speaker replacements for a SC300 or SC400, there is a guy with 80 sets for sale on ebay (not me!). Do a search for SC400 speakers, get a set of 4 for $100 delivered... I just did all four of my 4" speakers yesterday, it went fine. Can't beat the price, believe me I have looked...

Thanks for the post!!..just purchased a full set. Already had the amp rebuilt and the radio head replaced. From previous posts it sounds like all of the 4 inchers decided to depart the premises. Been looking for replacments for a long time and glad to find these. only 14 sets left after my purchase..