Leather Seat Abrasions On Gx - Now What?

07 GX

:angry: I had my near new 07 GX in for the driveline clunk repair this week and I'm happy to report so far so good.

However, I now see several small micro abrasions to the leather on the drives seat side bolster. They are all about the size of a pen tip diameter each and appear to have gone through the leather coating. This is probably due to the tech getting in and out of my vehicle without much care.

I've got a call into the dealer but before I press them for a repair, could it actually make the matter worse? I would feel very comfortable attempting a touch up repair by myself if anyone has any product recomendations.

For some unknown reason, the dealer, Lexus of Massapequa in NY, does not protect the seats with plastic, which would have prevented this type of situation.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

If the damage have gone through the leather coating, I dont there is any touch up repairs that you can do. The seat cover will have to be replace. This is one of the reason why I candition my leather every 3 months, to keep it from being too dry. Press the dealer for repair, see what comes out of it.

Good Luck