Front License Plate?

edbro

I just moved to TX where a front license plate is required. How do I mount it on my 99 RX? There are no holes, no bracket and the front bumper comes to sort of a point. I did a google search and didn't see any answers. I bought the car used. Was there supposed to be some kind of mounting option?

I just moved to TX where a front license plate is required. How do I mount it on my 99 RX? There are no holes, no bracket and the front bumper comes to sort of a point. I did a google search and didn't see any answers. I bought the car used. Was there supposed to be some kind of mounting option?

Look in your spare tire area for the mounting bracket, I've read others have found them there.

Look in your spare tire area for the mounting bracket, I've read others have found them there.

I was wondering what that link laying the trunk was. Now I know!

If you check the front bumper you'll find small indentations that indicate where the mounting holes must be drilled. The threaded inserts that accept the license plate mounting screws are behind the indentations. Drill using a small diameter drill or have the dealer do it.