Headroom Issue

BudH

As someone who has driven the RX350 and RX330, I LOVE this vehicle - except that I'm 6'3" with a long torso (only a 32-inch inseam) and my head bumps the edge of the moonroof unless I've tipped the seat back significantly.

Anyone else had this issue and found a way to deal with it and still get this great vehicle?

Is there any other vehicle out there of similar (or close to similar) quality that has a bit better headroom?

A shame in that I have no headroom issue in my 2002 Highlander. If only the Lexus RX moonroof was cut so it's left edge was farther to the side.....oh well.

Bud H

I'm 6'7" and there's no way I can drive my wife's 2004 RX330 for more than an hour at a time without cramping up. Not only do I have to constantly duck away from the moonroof and headliner, but I'm also stuck with my knees up in the steering wheel even with the drivers seat as far back as I can get it. In the event of a serious accident I know they would have to cut me out of her vehicle like a sardine can regardless of whether or not I survived....

The only solution is a larger vehicle with a larger interior. I've always been quite comfortable in the Grand Cherokees that we've had in our family over the years and would prefer her to go back to one. Our three previous Grand Cherokees were all better vehicles than the two RX vehicles she's had since 2003. My primary vehicle is a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9-litre V8 pickup and I love it. A big cabin with all the headroom, legroom, and power that I need....

Don't buy anything that you're not completely comfortable in during a full day's driving - you'll live to regret it and begin to dread driving the vehicle for anything more than a few minutes at a time....