Insurance Cost For Ls400

VMF

i was just wondering how much people pay for the insurance throughout whole US. i used to pay 5000$ for liability when i lived in brooklyn and i didnt even asked how much is full collision. i got full collision when i moved to pennsilvania and now i pay 800$ for 6 month. is it above or below average?

Southern California - $1400/6 mo. for:

03 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder - full cov

92 LS400 - full cov

93 Explorer - full cov

94 Merc Tracer - no collision

2 adult drivers, 2 teenage drivers.

It was $1000/6 mo. for all the same above minus the Mitsu.

Joe

You need to supply some parameters. The cost will depend on the value of the car, i.e. , age. It will depend on the driver's driving record. It will depend on the extent of coverage, i.e., minimum legal coverage or larger. It will depend on deductables.

Hi VMF!! :)

I'm paying less for insurance on my '93 LS than I did on the 2001 Jeep TJ ['wrangler'] I traded in.

About $1,100 CDN per year. That includes $2,000,000 liability, under-insured motorist protection [in case the car that hits ME is under-insured] and $300 deductable for both collision and comprehensive coverage. [any damage - no matter who's at fault]

I have every 'safe driver' discount you can get. [no claims - ever]

I'm thinking of having my LS appraised - however. [and my NSX] For both cars - the 'black book' value is far less than what they're really worth. If one or both cars are ever 'totalled' [God forbid!!] I don't want to be hit again with a cheque for the 'black book' value. [if that makes sense]

Craig!! :)

• 10 years later...

That is a significant amount of money you are paying. It should be slightly lower than that. It could be your choice of insurance provider or other factors like your age. I would sugggest you find out what other insurance companies in your area have to offer.

• 2 weeks later...