Is 250 Awd Installed Tsw Wheels Need Help

Hey guys, I just installed my TSW Sakata 5 wheels on my IS 250 AWD today and I have sum questions. Well first of all my dealership told me that I had to retorque the wheel after, i think 50 miles of driving is this true and why? And basically my set up is 18x8.5 with 225/40/18, and I was wondering if this is safe on my car? And also what do you do if you feel vibration when your driving like at 45 or more mph? Thx guys soo much for ur answers.

I have never heard of retorque-ing wheels. They should torque them to manufacturer specs. I always tell them to do it by hand. When they use the gun, the air compressor may put them on at different torques. Also, I'd hate to have them on too tight if I ever needed to put on the spare. I keep a cheater bar with my lug nut wrench, doubling the length and probably quadrupling my leverage to break the nuts lose.

The wheels should be safe as long as you are running 4 identical wheels/tires. Do not stagger the setup with larger rears on an AWD, or the computer will spend its time trying to compensate for different spin, possibly leading to problems.

I would only get vibration when I rotated tires on my old vehicle, where the wear pattern was a little off from before the rotation. My new car only has 500 miles so far. My tire shop had lifetime balancing when they'd rotate, so perhaps a balancing of the tires would help if they are new. Otherwise, I'd ask them to replace them all and see if your ride improves. Maybe also check if it's a particular road and not all. You may not have noticed it before with a different setup, and your old setup may have been more forgiving on a particular road. If all roads are bad over 45 mph, it would be due to the only thing you changed -- your tire/wheel setup. Also, you may ask them to make sure the wheels themselves are true, not warped in any way, if it's not the tires.

The setup should be fine. the reason why they said to re-torque your wheels is because with any after market setup the general rule of thumb is to tighten them the first time, go out and drive it around in hard turns then come back and re torque. as for whether this is actually useful, well its more of CYA then anything else. if your feeling a vibration then they probably weren't balanced right. are they chrome? if so them it is possible that the rim could have moved inside the tire right after they mounted them. Ive had that happen to me before when I mounted a set of foose wheels and they moved inside the tire after I drove off. reason being is that the place where the bead sets is also chromed so its very slippery, and the tire mounting lube doesn't help the cause but its a necessity when mounting low profile stuff. so put two and two together it is possible. it could also be possible that the place that mounted your wheels just didnt balance them right, but hope that helps.

Thx guys for ur time, but when I asked lexus if the setup was safe, they're saying that the tires will be too close to the wheel well and ball joint. I mean can I damage anything, cause I had my wheel mounted at lexus. If they say its going to damage the car, then I'm just thinking of putting back my stock wheels and selling my TSW. Thx in advance for ur answers guys.

Thx guys for ur time, but when I asked lexus if the setup was safe, they're saying that the tires will be too close to the wheel well and ball joint. .

=======================

I was told the same thing by my service manager; however, I think he's wrong. There is enough room for the extra inch. Just did not do it because I'm not going to spend any extra penny on this vehicle.