Buying 2004 Sc 430

I am going to be buying 2004 SC430 this weekend and I was wondering what I should be checking out for?

This car is located in independent dealer, the price is $34,000 with 27,000 miles....this is my first time buying a Lexus and wanting to get SC430 for the longest time. I dont know what to look for or what to ask the dealer reference to the car other then ( any accidents and carfax report). Any suggestions will be apperciated. Thanks...

check out kbb.com to get an idea what ur car should sell for. Only you know what your willing to pay relative to that number, but I'd take at least 10% off that price.

Also, don't be afraid to walk out of the dealership if they won't meet your deal. You have the ultimate power by doing that.

Good luck,

Eddie

I am going to be buying 2004 SC430 this weekend and I was wondering what I should be checking out for?

This car is located in independent dealer, the price is $34,000 with 27,000 miles....this is my first time buying a Lexus and wanting to get SC430 for the longest time. I dont know what to look for or what to ask the dealer reference to the car other then ( any accidents and carfax report). Any suggestions will be apperciated. Thanks...

I just bought my 04 6 months ago...

Standard Stuff:

Check the oil, make sure it is mostly clear, most dealers will change it before you get it

How much tread on the tires?

CarFax, if not clean (no accidents, etc) drop the price, look at ebay autos also, check out the finished and sold auctions.

When does the warentee expire. With an 04, you may be able to get one with a few months remaining on the bumper to bumper.

Check all the electronics and automatic stuff.

Put the top up and down, couple times, it is very smooth.

Verify the GPS works, if it is a Lexus dealer, request an upgrade to the DVD

Verify the radio/cd changer/tape function, take six disks to insert and remove

Verify the woofers are not blown

check the seat controls and memories

Stering wheel adjustments and memory

Mirror adjustments and memory

check the trunk, hook, gas opener

check the climate control, both heat and ac

Verify the tires. Runflats/no runflats. If no runflats does it have a spare?

Look under the front, scratches

How's the paint, swirl marks or spider webs, nicks, dents

How do the wheels look, missing any lugs

Everything in the "emergency kit" (jack, allen wrench, drivers, etc)

Check the traction control and sport mode settings

Cup holders/ash trey open/close smoothly

Flaws in the wood and leather

Doors, trunk, hook all close w/o effort, this car is solid and when the doors close the sound is solid, just a light push and they close completely.

Drive.

Top down and radio off, rattles, squeaks, etc. There should be NONE, NADA. The car is very solid.

Owners manual

Remember this was a ~$6x,000 MSRP new car, just coming out of bumper to bumper, it should still be in top notch condition.

I did not even consider anything w/o a clean carfax. They may have been a better deal, and if you are handy with cars or know a mechanic that can work on these, well that may be a better choice for you.

If you have other questions...

sapp at pobox dot com

Hope this helps.

Kevin,