92 Ls 400 , Air Ride Swap Info

caspergsx

i have a 92 with air suspension and front pass is leaking ,, can not find one used ,, any my ? is can i just swap over a coil and strut setup , from another ls and just turn off my air ride ,, or do i have to purchase a whole kit from strut masters ? has anyone done this ?,, if so should i look for a certain year or , will any ls 400 work

i have a 92 with air suspension and front pass is leaking ,, can not find one used ,, any my ? is can i just swap over a coil and strut setup , from another ls and just turn off my air ride ,, or do i have to purchase a whole kit from strut masters ? has anyone done this ?,, if so should i look for a certain year or , will any ls 400 work

Not an expert as my car does not have air suspension, but I don't think that will work. You could try Strut Masters, and another place called Arnott Industries. I think some other club members have used their products and generally been pleased with them.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/promotion/...-suspension.asp

• 2 weeks later...
ok i had my lexus in the air and another with the strut and spring set up ,, and it looks like it will work

,, has anyone tried ,, or ?

Not absolutely sure about this one, but I believe the mounting points, etc. for the air and non-air shocks are the same. There should be several folks on this board who have done the air-to-non-air conversion...I'd keep bumping this until one of them chimes in.

Keep us posted on your progress--it's useful knowledge to share, for sure.

i will try it this coming weekend ,, my friend is going to let me try and swap one of his over , ,, i will let you know,,

it looks like ti will work ,, i dont see why not ,,

i know that people just want to sell a kit to make full profit ,, but im trying to save money right now !!