Chrome Rims

Hello,

I would like to put chrome rims on my wheels. Has anyone ever tried to chrome the existing stock ones that come with the car? Also, if that is not a feasible option, what's the best place to buy them (like a national chain for instance). I am assuming they would be a lot more through the Lexus dealership.

Also, no problems with tinting windows right? I am scheduled to have them done next week. Think it will make the car a lot better looking, not to mention a little cooler inside the cabin. It's already getting warm over here on California central coast (thankfully!) B)

Thanks.

Try tirerack.com they have wheels and wheel/tire combos set up for all makes of cars. They ship quickly and have a preferred installer network with pre-established prices for installation. There are probably other national chains as well. Perhaps look locally for a matching deal.

While people tint the front windows it is illegal in many jurisdictions as are windows that are too heavily tinted. Check locally; if non of that phases you skip the check locally and have at it. ;)

Hello,

I would like to put chrome rims on my wheels. Has anyone ever tried to chrome the existing stock ones that come with the car? Also, if that is not a feasible option, what's the best place to buy them (like a national chain for instance). I am assuming they would be a lot more through the Lexus dealership.

Also, no problems with tinting windows right? I am scheduled to have them done next week. Think it will make the car a lot better looking, not to mention a little cooler inside the cabin. It's already getting warm over here on California central coast (thankfully!) B)

Thanks.

Don't know if Ventura County is too far for you, but the people at Wheel Concepts in Newbury Park (near T.O.) offer that service. I called them, and the quoted me around $600 plus tax (exchange old rims). They said to come on in and they could swap the while I wait. They swapped the air pressure sensors and mounted my tires on the rims they already had chromed. He showed me that they were genuine toyota/lexus rims. When I paid, he (someone other then I talked to on the phone) said a higher price, but when I told him what I was quoted, he said that was a dealer price, but was ok with that. I would recommend them, but call and ask for a good price, and tell the you were referred by a satisfied customer who got the dealer price. Here's their website...

http://www.wheelconcepts.com/LEXUS.htm

• 2 weeks later...

You can also have Wheel Concepts ship the chrome wheels to you (or your installer), you have them installed, and then ship your aluminum wheels back to Wheel Concepts. Cost is about $600 plus shipping and installation cost. This is a great deal considering that Lexus wants about $2300 for the same wheels, plus installation.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks.

I have a 06 gs300 purchased my chrome wheels from CA off of e-bay same exact wheels that came with the car,I did a chrome exchange,a lot less expensive very happy with the deal. :)

• 4 weeks later...

the wheels that were on my car are now for sale. i have given the lease back and am now driving a new toyota tundra :-) if anyone is interested in buying the rims/w wheels on them, let me know. the tires have about 1000 miles on them. the tread is amazing. looks very new. contact me if interested. oh and one more thing, the only damage on them is a little bit of curb rash on the wheel that was on the back passengar side. very common with wheels, you cant really notice it.

• 2 months later...

how much?

the wheels that were on my car are now for sale. i have given the lease back and am now driving a new toyota tundra :-) if anyone is interested in buying the rims/w wheels on them, let me know. the tires have about 1000 miles on them. the tread is amazing. looks very new. contact me if interested. oh and one more thing, the only damage on them is a little bit of curb rash on the wheel that was on the back passengar side. very common with wheels, you cant really notice it.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Thanks.

Shelly,

Are you looking to stick with OE Lexus alloys or go aftermarket? If you look hard enough with a little patience, you should be able to pick up a set of OE Lexus chrome wheels as 'take offs' which should be much less expensive than buying a brand new set from the Lexus dealers parts department .

Check the 'buy & sell' forum here & you might also want to go over to clublexus.com....they have an entire section for wheels/tires for sale. E-bay is another possibility......but be careful on there. Good luck. B)

:cheers:

• 1 month later...