Help! Navi Dvd For Europe

Thankl you all. In the meanwhile, I found out from Lexus service in Greece, that if you replace the NAV DVD player to another one and I quote "NAVIGATION ESU ASSY , serial number 86841-50101" , it would work for sure. They have installed it already on another US imported car and it worked fine. They suggested that I should try to find it on ebay or another site , or in a junk yard (most likely in Germany), because it is too expensive to buy it new. (something around 4.000 Euros). I have already looked for it but no luck yet. Do your research as well and we'll be in touch. :rolleyes:

SPY and all.

I am also in Athens, Greece. I tried the european DVD in my US RX 400h 2007 while in US (shipped to me for testing by a friend) and the DVD reader was able to read the DVD. Of course, since I was in US, I was out of the map area of the european DVD, but fact of the matter is that the DVD was read. This made me not try to buy a european DVD reader from US despite posts here that it is cheaper to buy from US.

My Lexus is coming in Athens next week. I will burn the disk (I kept an image file in my hard-disk) or use an original one and try the european DVD in a US DVD reader while being in Greece this time, and let you guys know how well it is working. Since I do expect some functionality to be problematic, I am still interested to hear if anybody was able to resolve the issue fully and how. For example, did anybody find a reliable source of used european DVD readers at reasonable prices, or did anybody find "converted" DVDs with european maps that work fully with US readers?

Thanks,

K.

• 1 month later...

Dear kpsi,

Please let us know of your venture with the european DVD.

BR

Jacob

SPY and all.

I am also in Athens, Greece. I tried the european DVD in my US RX 400h 2007 while in US (shipped to me for testing by a friend) and the DVD reader was able to read the DVD. Of course, since I was in US, I was out of the map area of the european DVD, but fact of the matter is that the DVD was read. This made me not try to buy a european DVD reader from US despite posts here that it is cheaper to buy from US.

My Lexus is coming in Athens next week. I will burn the disk (I kept an image file in my hard-disk) or use an original one and try the european DVD in a US DVD reader while being in Greece this time, and let you guys know how well it is working. Since I do expect some functionality to be problematic, I am still interested to hear if anybody was able to resolve the issue fully and how. For example, did anybody find a reliable source of used european DVD readers at reasonable prices, or did anybody find "converted" DVDs with european maps that work fully with US readers?

Thanks,

K.

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody!

Good news! I have a solution for european Toyota/Lexus owners.

I live in Hungary, I haven't Lexus, but I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid from US, I was same problem with nav disc.

Officially the europe maps don't work in US Toyota/Lexus cars.

However the latest E11 disc works with some restrictions:

- only first 12 countries selectable in the country list (cannot be selected: Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, UK),

- there is no voice control,

- there is no voice guidance,

- some BMP graphics are missing,

- search of address don't work in some countries

I can modify this navi disc so the countries over the first 12 (any country) can be selected.

My modified disc has been tried in Lexus RX400h(2007-2008), Toyota Camry(2007-2009), Toyota Highlander(2007-2008).

If your car works with U31, U32 or U33 disc, I can help you.

If you want to find out more, visit this page: www.toyotanavi.hu/solution_.html

Here are some photo of my working disc, from an Greek owner:

rx400h-1_big.jpg

rx400h-7_big.jpg

Lzolka

tchnavi@gmail.com

lzolka@freemail.hu

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm shipping my US 2006 RX400h to switzerland....anyoby was able to found a way to solve the navigation issue ?

I read on a gemann car forum that in europe Jaguar, some ford and some mazda 6 are using a denso nav unit as USA lexus are and that some DVD works on our US system.

I'm still investigating and will post if i get solutions

Joballe

Joballe, please email me your working email. cac85@isuisse.com does not work. jfkn@cox.net

I complete my previous post:

My modified E11 East, North, etc discs are usable for Gen4 navi systems too, like for Gen5.

In this week some RX400h (2006, 2007) owners in Greece, in Sweden and in Norge use my discs successfully.

If your car works with W41, U20, U21, U22 or U23 disc, I can help you.

• 5 months later...
(previous quotes removed)...

I'm struggling with the same problem (US Lexus in Europe, navigation DVD's). I haven't solved the problem yet, so would appreciate any suggestions.

Lexus: Why don't you contact Denso and supply a DVD? (Denso won't respond to non-OEM inquiries).

To be clear, the problem isn't DVD 'region' as someone suggested. I believe that only applies to videos and the DVD in question is data and program files.

I tried 'merging' a Denso Europe DVD with the US DVD that came with the car. Didn't work; there might be version compability issues, etc. Even tried editing alldata.kwi but didn't help...

Hallo John_HR

Nadam se da ste nasli DVD za vas Lexus ako ne onda kod Izolke iz madjarske, nego jedno drugo pitanje dali ste sta rjesili ok Kilometer i milja kao i Fahrenhajt i Celsius

Pozdrav iz CH

D. Jany

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just joined this forum and this question is worrying me. I really want to take my 2008 RX400h to France when we move there but not if I can't use the features of NAV, Odometer in km etc.

There seems to be a lot of discussion here but no definitve answers, also a lot of broken links.

Do we have an answer?

Many thanks

David

P.S. I'm planning on joing the European forum and looking there too

I hate to seem ignorant here, but wouldn't this have a better chance of being solved if it were posted in the Europe/UK forums instead of the US/Canada forums?

I realize that these are US cars being used in Europe, but the odds that we have experience with Europe DVD experience here in North America is a bit of a stretch.

Good Luck!

I did and got a bunch of replies from people who don't know what they are talking about - big disappointment. Got MUCH more sense here

David

Hi everybody!

Good news! I have a solution for european Toyota/Lexus owners.

I live in Hungary, I haven't Lexus, but I have a Toyota Camry Hybrid from US, I was same problem with nav disc.

Officially the europe maps don't work in US Toyota/Lexus cars.

However the latest E11 disc works with some restrictions:

- only first 12 countries selectable in the country list (cannot be selected: Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, UK),

- there is no voice control,

- there is no voice guidance,

- some BMP graphics are missing,

- search of address don't work in some countries

I can modify this navi disc so the countries over the first 12 (any country) can be selected.

My modified disc has been tried in Lexus RX400h(2007-2008), Toyota Camry(2007-2009), Toyota Highlander(2007-2008).

If your car works with U31, U32 or U33 disc, I can help you.

If you want to find out more, visit this page: www.toyotanavi.hu/solution_.html

Here are some photo of my working disc, from an Greek owner:

rx400h-1_big.jpg

rx400h-7_big.jpg

Lzolka

tchnavi@gmail.com

lzolka@freemail.hu

Hi,

The website links are broken and I've sent a couple of emails - please respond.

I have a U32 disk ina US RX400h

Thanks

David

• 1 month later...

Hi, I purchased my IS250 (my 2008) in Texas, brought it to Spain with me when I moved back.

Went to the Madrid Lexus dealer, purchased the OEM Disk and had the dealer exchange the US DVD for the European.

Lo and behold, it all worked fine (I was also 200 euros poorer)

Although some limitations (POIs wont show in the map), voice guidance works (in Spanish) and I am quite satisfied.

Cheers.

Diego

...Lo and behold, it all worked fine...

that is because it is an IS250. People posting here have the rx400h which is shipped with different satnav headunits from different makers for the US and the EU markets. Your experience unfortunately does not help here much.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I purchased my IS250 (my 2008) in Texas, brought it to Spain with me when I moved back.

Went to the Madrid Lexus dealer, purchased the OEM Disk and had the dealer exchange the US DVD for the European.

Lo and behold, it all worked fine (I was also 200 euros poorer)

Although some limitations (POIs wont show in the map), voice guidance works (in Spanish) and I am quite satisfied.

Cheers.

Diego

Hi Diego,

you lucked out with this easy solution.

I hope that it will work out for me similarly.

My 2006 IS250AWD is arriving in in the Czech Republic at the end of this month.

I would appreciate if you can email me more details about your Navi and the DVD, so I can compare it with mine.

My email is ladamek(at)gmail.com

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Ok, took apart the unit, checked all diodes and resistors on the board, seems all ok. So the surge voltage should have passed protection circuit and get to the processor.

I'm going to take my friends navigation unit and put it in mine to see if it start working then I e sure problem is this unit. I wished I had the circuit diagram of the unit t diagnose it.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I am in a similar situation too. I imported a European 2008 Rx400h form UK to New Zeeland and have been advised that Nav player for Australia/NZ is Denso based and the NZ maps don't work on an European based Aisin Nav player.

Just wanted to check whether anyone who is heading to Europe with their RX400 or similar with Denso based Nav is interested in swapping with a Aisin Nav player with E10 original dvd maps (4) which worked in Erope few month ago.

Regards

Sam