Lexus Is Ready. Total Was $500 For P/s Hose And Oil Change

ED.

Ouch. Mechanic said the hose was like 7' long and leaking in three places. Said the pump was ok which is good. All labor on the bill though. I had no idea it was that bad to fix.

It was leaking like crazy this weekend. I had it at a buddies and pulling into his drive I heard it moaning and noticed spots everywhere I parked after that. It wasnt a constant thing but that day got up to ~60 so that is probably why. It needs brakes too. I think those we'll DIY :unsure:

wow 500$ for a hose!!! but most important is that the car runs fine now, IMHO many mechanics overcharge lexus owners just because of the brand, this is one of the reasons i started working on the car myself.

haha, ohhhh!

yeah really. i just thought it was the pump so we took it to our guy. his labor is like 70 too! how it was that much is beyond me. ill have to check out the bill and see if there was anything else.

Ouch. Mechanic said the hose was like 7' long and leaking in three places. Said the pump was ok which is good. All labor on the bill though. I had no idea it was that bad to fix.

It was leaking like crazy this weekend. I had it at a buddies and pulling into his drive I heard it moaning and noticed spots everywhere I parked after that. It wasnt a constant thing but that day got up to ~60 so that is probably why. It needs brakes too. I think those we'll DIY :unsure:

IIRC, the high-pressure line for the PS pump is around $300. :blink: