Sludge, Took It To The Dealer

tealboy

worried about the sludge issue, i took the 2002 rx 300 to the local lexus dealer, whom i know personally and asked him to have his shop check for sludge as I need to know. The charge was $60 to pull the valve cover and inspect the internal workings for gel/sludge. It came back perfectly clean and he said overall, the car is in exceptional shape. I bought it used 2.5 yrs ago but had all svc records from the Lexus dealer that took care of the car in the past.

Given the clean bill, I am installing new tires. The old ones have a ton of tread left but they are Kelly signature series and good for snow, but slightly louder than I like. There is a small amt of cupping on the outer edge that contributes to the noise which I am sensitive to. Anyway, I haven't heard much on the board about tires but it looks like the Goodyr Assurance comfortred is the way to go for exceptionally smooth and quiet tires.

For those worried about sludge, go spend the $60 for the peace of mind, it sure helped me.