How Much Faster Can An Is Be With An Intake,exhaust...

Jesus954

Well in some forums they always talk about the Srt intake with the R-ecu and the combination of it with a hks drager exhaust. Now i know that this combo isnt going to make an IS beat an Evo or even come close to what FI does...but i never really heard of how fast it actually improves our cars. I know about the numbers gain but im pretty sure you cant go 100% with just numbers. If it is true that the SRT intake makes 25-30hp for our cars it seems like a very huge gain. Now if possible i would like to have a comparison on a base of a race. For example Is300 stock vs Civic SI stock, hands down SI gets that one, personally i only hang with them till 4th gear after that i get POONED. Now what if i had an Srt intake + hks exhaust, i already have that exhaust but the intake is the one thats suppose to give bigger gains. So would there be any difference? how much of a better challenge would i be?, would the SI still walk away from me easy? or if in any chance would i out perform the SI? i m just using that car as a measurement because it helps me understand easier.

Srry for the series of questions lol but i was just wondering because i want to make a plan for what i would be doing next for my IS. And since i aint currently happy with the power my car has right now i wanted to know if there where any small things i could do to help it be a bit fast for the time being until i do go for turbo.

Well in some forums they always talk about the Srt intake with the R-ecu and the combination of it with a hks drager exhaust. Now i know that this combo isnt going to make an IS beat an Evo or even come close to what FI does...but i never really heard of how fast it actually improves our cars. I know about the numbers gain but im pretty sure you cant go 100% with just numbers. If it is true that the SRT intake makes 25-30hp for our cars it seems like a very huge gain. Now if possible i would like to have a comparison on a base of a race. For example Is300 stock vs Civic SI stock, hands down SI gets that one, personally i only hang with them till 4th gear after that i get POONED. Now what if i had an Srt intake + hks exhaust, i already have that exhaust but the intake is the one thats suppose to give bigger gains. So would there be any difference? how much of a better challenge would i be?, would the SI still walk away from me easy? or if in any chance would i out perform the SI? i m just using that car as a measurement because it helps me understand easier.

Srry for the series of questions lol but i was just wondering because i want to make a plan for what i would be doing next for my IS. And since i aint currently happy with the power my car has right now i wanted to know if there where any small things i could do to help it be a bit fast for the time being until i do go for turbo.

This topic has been covered extensively in recent posts, Search around the IS forum and you WILL find your answer. B)