Fan Bracket

fiveofakind

save yourself another $ 100 & buy off e-bay from lex-toy-parts.....do a search on "Lexus LS400 fan bracket" ...he is lextreme that you so often hear about.......

his fan brackets are original leftovers from some importer.....this is the original factory fan brackets that were installed OEM...

I just bought one.....his brackets contain the Japan "Koyo RR6 bearing" in them.....

They are not Chinese knock-offs that others are selling on e-bay.....

Jeff

save yourself another $ 100 & buy off e-bay from lex-toy-parts.....do a search on "Lexus LS400 fan bracket" ...he is lextreme that you so often hear about.......

his fan brackets are original leftovers from some importer.....this is the original factory fan brackets that were installed OEM...

I just bought one.....his brackets contain the Japan "Koyo RR6 bearing" in them.....

They are not Chinese knock-offs that others are selling on e-bay.....

Jeff

Do i have to loose the Tensioner and remove the belt before remove the fan bracket?

Thanks

Yes.....remove radiator shroud....remove fan & fan clutch......relieve tension on belt & remove drive belt.....follow the procedure on replacing the timing belt up to a certain point....

You can find the info on that here in the forum...

Tensioner bolt is left handed threads - clockwise to loosen - that easy - on replacement counter clockwise to tighten - torque to 27 ft-lbs....that simple.....

I just removed the whole tensioner assembly, I wonder if I can just replace the bearing only instead of the entire tensioner assembly. Where can I purchase it? So far, I got a quote from Imported Replacement Part for $129.99 and it comes as exact the picture show here.

post-4656-1207021070_thumb.jpg

Is it the bearing that is bad on the pulley ? If so, flip the pulley over & look at the bearing number....you can have it press out at a machine shop.....go to a bearing shop...purchase the bearing...& have it pressed back in....bearing cant be more $5 to $ 7 for a bearing.....

Or if you dont want to replace the bearing, than buy the pulley from the dealer or off the internet if you can find it....

If the tensioner is bad...that is another issue......I believe these have a spring in them that causes the tension on the drive belt...if that is bad then I suggest buying the replacement tensioner...which seems by your picture that it is the entire assembly....

Hope this helps......

My suggestion is just to buy the bearing & have the old one pressed off & the new one pressed in....

Jeff