Engine Fans

Does anyone know why the engine fans would be running more than usual? 97 ES300 with 127k miles. It is very intermittent and I can't figure out what causes it. Sometimes, I'll start my car and they won't be running. Other times, I'll start my car and they'll start running right away. When I pull into the garage or the parking lot, I can hear them running. Lexus dealer thought it could be a bad thermostat or a short, or perhaps something wrong with one or both of the fans. I suppose this has been happening for several months, but it happens so intermittently that I don't notice it that often. Any advice?

if it's not overheating, i wouldn't worry. No light bill.

if you set a/c on auto, your a/c runs all the time with heater and fan gets on with A/C + temp increase in coolant make them run faster to cool off engine.

ever flush coolant and clean themowell ?

Thanks for the reply. I think the coolant was flushed somewhat recently, but I should check when it was last changed. Not sure about the second one.

Try changing the coolant temperature sensor. It triggers the fan to come on/off depending on the temperature. It might be fault leading to excessive fan operations.

yeah buddy have a mechanic check the sensors in your car, or do it yourself, before trying to figure what I say out, research the internet, or get a chilton repair manual for the year of your car and the model, the toyota camry (ES300)