My Sc300 Wont Start Now After Cylinder Head Removal

:huh: hi all i have an sc300 95 i have two exhuast valves on #6 cylinder bent cuz a sparkplug broke and fell in there so i took off the head and took it to the machine shop and had it fix.the i put the engine back together and the engine rotates like its goin to start but it doest start.does anyone have an idea of what i could have done wrong?thanks richar

:huh: hi all i have an sc300 95 i have two exhuast valves on #6 cylinder bent cuz a sparkplug broke and fell in there so i took off the head and took it to the machine shop and had it fix.the i put the engine back together and the engine rotates like its goin to start but it doest start.does anyone have an idea of what i could have done wrong?thanks richar

Well, could be a hundred things. Have you checked for compression? Is the timing correct? Is there simply something not plugged in?

Compression check it, tell ya lots again B)

Well, could be a hundred things. Have you checked for compression? Is the timing correct? Is there simply something not plugged in?

i will check compression i was thinking that yesterday,but if i dont have compression should i just get rid of it instead of keep wasting money on it?

'

i will check compression i was thinking that yesterday,but if i dont have compression should i just get rid of it instead of keep wasting money on it?

'

If you dont have compression, *chances are* your timing marks are off.

'

If you dont have compression, *chances are* your timing marks are off.

And, if you can take the head off and on yourself, by all means dont give up B) Trial and Error is a powerful learning tool :D

thankyou soooo much for your help i'll keep on trying i kinda like know how my car works and i think it could be the timing belt because the teeth marks mist by like two or three teeth,i when to auto zone and rented the compression testing kit but i will install the timing belt again untill i get it right.thanks again :)

yep, 2 or 3 teeth can for sure be the problem B)

my camshaft and my crankshafts pullys line up but not the timing belt,should i take off the timing belt completly and reinstall because i only took off what i needed to?could the timing belt be slipping?

Yes, take it ALL apart, line all of your timing marks up, on the cams, crank etc, then reinstall :D Trust me, once you get it right, it will have been worth all the trouble it is to learn and do B)

:) ok buddy thanks again for your help,i would start it tommorrow i'll let you know how it turns out.thanks