Is This Normal ?

I have an 03 ES and was just curious about this. The car runs great and starts fine however, everytime it starts, it does take a couple of extra cranks. My wife has an 05 sonata and her car starts the moment you turn the key. I would think that the lexus would be similar or better and am a little concerned that this might just be my car..any input would be appreciated. If this is a question that has already been discussed, I do apologize in advance.

What's the mileage on your ES Avi? How long roughly would you say it takes with those additional cranks to actually start up?

:cheers:

Thanks for the help...the mileage on the car is roughly 42K and it takes about 8 to 10 seconds worth of additional cranks...It always starts up fine though.

I've got a '93 es300 that starts within 3 to 4 seconds of starter rotation. There is a slightly high idle for about 4 seconds after start-up.

The car has 108,000 miles on it, and hasn't been tuned up in 50,000 miles.

In fact, I got the car from my sister, and she neglected the heck out of that car.