Goodyear Comfortred Or Firestone Destination?

tealboy

For my 2002 RX 300 I have decided to replace the tires (assuming I decide to keep the car after having it serviced by Lexus this week) and want to use either the Goodyr Comfortred or the Firestone Desitinations (LE's I think). Anyway, I live in a warm climate so wet road handling matters, not snow, but very high on my list is to have a comfortable but VERY quiet ride. Both of these tires seem to have good quiet riding characteristics, but the Comfortred by Goodyr seem slightly better. Any input is appreciated.

there is a Geolander 051 series that has similar rating and high popularity, but i don't know anything about that tire.

Have you considered the Bridgestones - I think the Alenza? There are some other threads here that talk about them. I have them, and love them. Great wet handling and fairly quiet.

I have been looking for replacement tire since my 2003 RX300 (27k miles), the oem Bridgestone dueler H/T D687 getting worn out pretty bad, (3/32 - 5/32). I have noticed that Alenza got a lot of good review, wonder would that be a good fit for me too, especially in winter snow Chicago land. Or would you consider Michelin's Cross Terrain SUV or LTX. Any suggestion?

For my 2002 RX 300 I have decided to replace the tires (assuming I decide to keep the car after having it serviced by Lexus this week) and want to use either the Goodyr Comfortred or the Firestone Desitinations (LE's I think). Anyway, I live in a warm climate so wet road handling matters, not snow, but very high on my list is to have a comfortable but VERY quiet ride. Both of these tires seem to have good quiet riding characteristics, but the Comfortred by Goodyr seem slightly better. Any input is appreciated.

there is a Geolander 051 series that has similar rating and high popularity, but i don't know anything about that tire.

Hi tealboy, when you get those Goodyear Comfortreds will you please let us know how you like them .

This is the tire I am thinking of getting. I wold like to get the quietest tire possible.

thanks, Karl

teal,

What tire size do you need? I would go with the Goodyear Triple Tred's personally over the other two you mentioned. ;)

:cheers:

I agree that's prob a good choice but it is a lot more expensive and is perhaps less proven with only 3 million miles vs. 9mm for the Comfortred. 3mm isn't bad but i am not entirely convinced of it's success at this point. I also suspect it is a stiffer rubber and a more harsh ride, though i don't know for sure. I haven't done anything yet, but soon...