Seat Heater On Drivers Seat Out?

ED.

I turned on the seat heater on Saturday morning and after a few miles I still didnt feel anything and put my hand on the seat and it was still cold. This was around 6:30. I love my Saturdays! No ones at the office though so its peaceful and I leave by 9:30 or so.

Back to the car! I wonder if its out? My sister drives the car a lot and Im sure uses the heater but probably never turns it off and what stinks on these cars is the fact they are on unless you turn them off so I think the constant on/off kills them? I hadnt tried it the rest of the weekend but I may tomorrow. Car is going in for the steering hose but probably pump. Starting leaking like crazy Saturday afternoon. Got real warm here this weekend and I think thats what did it. I told my dad whose car it is and he said take it to our family mechanic. Hes got my 740 anyway in his lot from a tranny flush he did Friday so Ill just trade that. Dont tell my E38 buddies but I wish I wasnt trading it off! I forget how nice these cars are in so many ways. REALLY has me digging for a 98-00. Air susp and Nak are two musts though :). Ill keep my BMW as the performance one. I want something I can relax in!

Had a similar problem on my 91 ls, turned out the switch itself was worn out, I ordered a used ashtray assembly off ebay and once in hand switched out the drivers side heat switch and all was good. Total cost was 20bucks for the used ashtray assembly.

Here's a question, does anyone notice if the Trac on/off button is supposed to light up, there is a little bulb in the switch and I changed it out but still does not light the switch up.

Cheers!

Had a similar problem on my 91 ls, turned out the switch itself was worn out, I ordered a used ashtray assembly off ebay and once in hand switched out the drivers side heat switch and all was good. Total cost was 20bucks for the used ashtray assembly.

Here's a question, does anyone notice if the Trac on/off button is supposed to light up, there is a little bulb in the switch and I changed it out but still does not light the switch up.

Cheers!

The switch may be worn out, however, I think it is far more likely that it is the element itself. They do not last forever.

The TRAC button on my car does light up at night when the headlights are turned on, but not at any other time.

Thanks for the help guys! I think its out :(

Yeah there should be a light for the TRAC button. A little green one I believe. Mine are all out but the dealer wants $$ for a new one so I let it be. Maybe one day Ill find some for cheaper?