Changing The Emblem On Rx300 Steering Wheel

TrippKnightly

• 4 years later...
I removed mine completely since I didn't relish being labelled "L" if the airbag happens to be needed.

Hi - Could you please tell me how you did it? I just bought a 2003 Toyota Harrier and I want to replace the Toyota badge with a Lexus badge. IS it just a matter of prying the badge out? I'm a little worried about damaging or setting the airbag off. Thanks!

I removed mine completely since I didn't relish being labelled "L" if the airbag happens to be needed.

Do you happen to have the one you removed? Mine is scratched up showing the white plastic underneath and i'd like to replace it with a better looking one. Or do you know where i could purchase another?

They have one on ebay but it's designed for the 99-00 steering wheels that don't even have the chrome. The dimensions aren't the same so i'm out of luck.

Thanks!

Do you happen to have the one you removed? Mine is scratched up showing the white plastic underneath and i'd like to replace it with a better looking one. Or do you know where i could purchase another?

They have one on ebay but it's designed for the 99-00 steering wheels that don't even have the chrome. The dimensions aren't the same so i'm out of luck.

Thanks!

It was a destructive removal, small pair of diagonal cutters.

Thanks!

It was a destructive removal, small pair of diagonal cutters.

Thanks for the reply on the emblem removal. Could you please tell me, is there just a flat oval shaped indent underneath the emblem, where its possible to stick a replacement? I take it that the airbag isnt visible underneath? Ruining or setting off the airbag is my biggest worry about this. I guess I'll just take it slow and be careful with the cutters.

Also, if anybody needs another RX300 steering wheel emblem, they sell plastic chrome ones at Hong Kong Plus Car Parts on www.hongkongplus.com I bought one and mounted it over some foam backed lamb skin, sealing the rear side with some metal mesh and super glue. It sounds crude, but it looks pretty good.

The emblems measure 65mm lengthwise and cost 20 bucks plus post. Cheers and thanks again wwest!