94 Sc300 White Smoke, But Not Overheating... Help!

hi,

need help guys, my car started to smoke. it used to run fine untill a freeze few days ago, them suddently started to shut white smoke out of the tailpipe. the car still runs without overheating but the smokes is unstopable. does anyone know what could it be? what do i need to do to fix the problem or find out what is it? thanks.

If it's a cold morning then you may see white smoke at start up which is OK. Other possible cause of white smoke would be leak in head gasket. Does the smoke smell sweet (like antifreeze) or rich (too much gas)?

Thi

If it's a cold morning then you may see white smoke at start up which is OK. Other possible cause of white smoke would be leak in head gasket. Does the smoke smell sweet (like antifreeze) or rich (too much gas)?

Thi

it smokes all the time, not only in the morning. if there is al eak in the head gasket, wouldn't the engine overheat? will check what the smokes smells like, thanks.

Thi

it smokes all the time, not only in the morning. if there is al eak in the head gasket, wouldn't the engine overheat? will check what the smokes smells like, thanks.

I don't know if this will help you, but I had a similar problem during the first cold day in October with my 94 SC400 - just like yours, my engine started smoking white while I was driving it home one day and the temp needle stayed put. For me, the radiator had cracked (radiator fluid was all over the place when I opened the hood, actually). I got the radiator replaced, and the engine hasn't smoked all season.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

- Brandon