Replacing / Painting Drivers Exterior Door Handle

wrpsuite

After searching for a couple months for a replacement door handle I found one but the wrong color. Local paint shop quoted $125 to sand and paint (Pearl White) , this still brings total paid down lower than new part from dealer.

Anyone ever replace this part or know where an online tutorial is?

Thanks

There was a great write-up on someones site I used to have favortied on my old computer.

For the most part though you remove the door panel and whatever you see when thats off (probably insulation). Then work your way back to the handle. I believe there were three bolts/nuts that held it in place? One was real tricky to get to and the pic I saw of it showed the socket being turned right next to the window. Thats what kept me from doing it. Our one mechanic ended up throwing it on for us.

Have you bought the part yet? I bought a lighted handle kit for my BMW and paid $100 for three ext handles and two int lite handles and wiring harnesses but after calling my body guy he said it would cost ~80 to paint the silver handles oxford green so I ended up re-selling it. Wasnt a full kit anyway as I was missing three handles. Have you bought your part yet? I would look keep looking for a white one if you havent. New handle though is really nise. No more getting cut by the shrapnel of the old one. At least thats how it was for me!

thanks for the info, I've been looking for this part for a while preferably in White but in short supply even on ebay commanding a premium. I kept calling a local yard and got on for 30 bucks so now just need to get it painted and I'm back in action...

Yeah thats not bad. I emailed a junker and asked about a lighted handle for my German car and he wanted $75 for it. Glad I sold my kit! It would of been pricey a lot of work.

Thanks for the link! I love the site. Veeeeery helpful!

You can get a new passenger side front handle for $94 from Sewell. You can get a driver's side for $151. It is brand new and painted the correct color.

I ordered one in a color no longer made (Flint Grey 180) for my '90. When I ordered I specified the paint code, it took a few weeks, it arrived, I used Lexls's tutorial and I paid less than the cost of the repaint you were quoted for a brand new handle. The color was perfect and one can not tell it is newer.

Seems like a good idea to me.

You can get a new passenger side front handle for $94 from Sewell. You can get a driver's side for $151. It is brand new and painted the correct color.

I ordered one in a color no longer made (Flint Grey 180) for my '90. When I ordered I specified the paint code, it took a few weeks, it arrived, I used Lexls's tutorial and I paid less than the cost of the repaint you were quoted for a brand new handle. The color was perfect and one can not tell it is newer.

do you have a part number?

do you have a part number?

Park Place does not give part numbers in their part listings. You use the pull down menus to find the part.

If you need the part number, go to the Sewell website, select your model/ year, search for handle by description and the pertinent results will show up on the second page with part numbers. Obviously each door handle has a different part number listed. I could copy and past it but I think you get the idea...

Okay I'm totally lost , I can't find the part at Sewell and never heard of the Park Place.. Anyone have the part number for the exterior door handle it would be a ppreciated?

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=0

http://www.lexus-parts.com/cat_index.asp

Did you even try searching on google?

There are 4 exterior door handles. Your paint code becomes part of the part number. Please be specific. First, look at those two sites. Put in your year and then category, or search by the terms described in my previous post.

Any time looking at those two sites is well worth it. They have a wealth of parts information pictures that has been extremely helpful to me.

I did look on google and both sites you pointed out, ebay for a month but still can't find it. can you provide a direct link or a part number?

Park place: body parts catalog (collision)-> year, model -> left menu; front door (or whatever door handle you want) -> Hardware -> Handle -> outside

You have two choices at this point: driver's side or passenger's side. All of these menus pull down from the left. Your part is listed as $152

Sewell: click one of the categories in horizontal top menu -> put in year, model -> search as per previous post (term: handle) -> look at results as per previous post (2nd page) -> part numbers and descriptions are listed

ie: Lexus OEM Front Door Handle Assembly Outside LH 69220-50010-02 listed as $179 (seems to be full retail)

etc. They are all listed there. I do not know why some seem to be listed twice. I did not purchase my handles there but instead at Park Place.

And there's one on ebay now. And it's white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-LS400...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah so... good luck at this point.