A Few Discussion Items For My Lexus Buddies

dtsgy

First I greatly enjoy this site and the great questions and answers this site produces. Let me say you all are great members, thank you.

Now some topics, not sure how some of you feel but I think to keep the car in mint factory condition is the best. I am having radio issues, at time the sound comes and goes in three of my door speakers. Had it look at from a local professional installer (Car Toys). I was told and have read on this site, one of the biggest issues is the source out from the head unit and the plug configuration. Well I am going to have cutom cables made that will not damage the current cables and still provide the correct connections for an aftermarket amp. Any suggestions there?

Replaced the OEM hood Struts with a pair from AutoZone, simple and easy. They feel good and strong, may not last as long but I will simple replace them when needed. Its a great feeling to fix something if its is a 5 min. repair.

Rear sub woofer is blown, was told I can find an open truck woofer any more. Todays woofers are built to be inclosed. It won't break the bank to go this route but I am looking at this option Vs. to have the factory Bose rebuilt. ($100.00)

Motor works fine but the cable that pushes my antenna up and down broke, so any suggestions there?

LCD display, I will get this repaired for 295 at a factory repair place here in Texas. As well as have all my button lights repalced, why wait.

I plan on Seafoaming the car here soon, heard great reasults and looking forward to this.

I am still looking for some interior plastic parts, does anyone have some ideas there. Can find some parts online at all.

Again love this site, I will post more and by the way the factory repair place does do LCD and much more. I will post thier number tomorrow when I get it from my office desk.

DTSGY

You can find an antenna cable on eBay. I think that I paid 14.00 or so. Took me about an hour but I had to take the motor out and take it apart to get the cable out. Not hard at all. There should be a thread on this if you look in the search mode.

First I greatly enjoy this site and the great questions and answers this site produces. Let me say you all are great members, thank you.

Now some topics, not sure how some of you feel but I think to keep the car in mint factory condition is the best. I am having radio issues, at time the sound comes and goes in three of my door speakers. Had it look at from a local professional installer (Car Toys). I was told and have read on this site, one of the biggest issues is the source out from the head unit and the plug configuration. Well I am going to have cutom cables made that will not damage the current cables and still provide the correct connections for an aftermarket amp. Any suggestions there?

Replaced the OEM hood Struts with a pair from AutoZone, simple and easy. They feel good and strong, may not last as long but I will simple replace them when needed. Its a great feeling to fix something if its is a 5 min. repair.

Rear sub woofer is blown, was told I can find an open truck woofer any more. Todays woofers are built to be inclosed. It won't break the bank to go this route but I am looking at this option Vs. to have the factory Bose rebuilt. ($100.00)

Motor works fine but the cable that pushes my antenna up and down broke, so any suggestions there?

LCD display, I will get this repaired for 295 at a factory repair place here in Texas. As well as have all my button lights repalced, why wait.

I plan on Seafoaming the car here soon, heard great reasults and looking forward to this.

I am still looking for some interior plastic parts, does anyone have some ideas there. Can find some parts online at all.

Again love this site, I will post more and by the way the factory repair place does do LCD and much more. I will post thier number tomorrow when I get it from my office desk.

DTSGY

you can save about 120 if you have some guy on ebay change your LCD. he sends you a replacement and you send him your old one as a core. no down time. when i get a lil more money i'll do it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400...sspagenameZWDVW

I was told and have read on this site, one of the biggest issues is the source out from the head unit and the plug configuration. Well I am going to have cutom cables made that will not damage the current cables and still provide the correct connections for an aftermarket amp. Any suggestions there?

From what I've read the Nak's are rock solid, are the source out problems you're referring to the cause of the dead speakers or a difficulty in installing an aftermarket head unit? I'd try hooking up a known good speaker in place of the dead ones to see if it's the speakers themselves first. The Nak has plenty of power and with some new speakers you might not even feel the need to upgrade. If you have the Pioneer than disregard the above, as I have no clue.

For the sub, you can still find open air models no problem. Just make sure that it's "free-air" rated and 2ohms. I think (not sure though) that a lot of subs meant for marine applications (boats) are free-air.