Sign in to follow this  
AUGuy21

What Do I Need For Hid Conversion?

Hey all,

What would I need for a halogen to HID conversion on my 99 GS300 if I were to find the stock parts instead of buying an aftermarket package? I know I would need the ballasts. Aren't they two small boxes with the actual lights attached? What else would I need? Thanks.

you would need 5000-8000 dollars.

you need

2 bulbs

2 ballasts

2 new headlights with the gyros to mov ethe light pattern up and down

a ecu

wiring

the rear suspension sensor

and some more goodies

Couldn't they work without the auto leveling feature, without the rear suspension thing, so that all i would need would be the 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and ecu?

What is the sense of buying the original parts then?

If you want to be as close as possible, you may considering getting a TRD HID conversion kit, which is also not cheap.

just buy the aftermarket kit and adjust the leveling yourself...save your self alot of money...8000k kit is great i have them.,..for my lowbeams and fogs...and looks way better then oem

yea just get the aftermarket HID for 350 dollars 8300k and plug in right into headlight. No more thinking and getting headache lolz .That wat did to my car 98 Gs :D

I JUST PURCHASED THE WHOLE HEADLIGHT ASSB. WITH ALL THE PARTS BUT THE WIRING IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. IS THERE SOME TYPE OF CONVERSION HARNESS THAT I CAN USE? :huh: