Totally Taken By Suprise!

jcrome04

So when the Kia Amanti came out a few years back I didn't think too much of it. Never really checked out specs or photos online or anything, and never really saw many around my parts.

But then I had to opportunity to detail one a couple days ago...and WOW....I was totally taken by suprise. For a Kia, this thing is very luxury, tons of options including memory/heated seats. a Climate display that looks suspiciously like a Lexus', VERY nicely designed interior, and the front end is a lot bigger than I thought. Overall the vehicle is HUGE, and a good looking car. Kia has come a loooong way! but still.....ain't no Lexus ;) lol

Here's a pic of it freshly detailed.

DSCF1616.jpg

:cheers:

Oh believe me I've already done all my research on that! :D hahahaha! Man the genesis is beautiful, I think the Genesis coupe will be pretty sweet, I think it's supposed to replace the Tiburon but most likely won't have the v8 engine.....*sigh*....oh well...lol Then it'd be a G35 and Mustang GT killer! lol :lol:

This seems like it'd be a good car for a wife, if she doesn't care what she drives but you want her in something nice. Get all the features she'd love and it wouldn't hurt the wallet at all compared to a Lexus or other high end machine :D

Korean manufacturers seem to be taking the Japanese playbook and following it up to the T. Make quality imitations for less. True the can't match the engineering aspects of performance vehicles, but they are getting better with each generation.

All new Kia's and Hyundai's are suprisingly good looking, inside and out. Haven't had a chance to test drive any of them, but my dad is looking forward to seeing the Genesis when it comes out. He's a little annoyed with the Lexus dash rattle and said why does a Luxury vehicle has a rattle when many cheaper cars don't! I've tried to explain quality and finish is hands down one of the finest in a Lexus, but he's still really put off by the rattle!

The plan has worked well for the Japanese. Toyota is the #1 dealer!

Korean manufacturers seem to be taking the Japanese playbook and following it up to the T. Make quality imitations for less. True the can't match the engineering aspects of performance vehicles, but they are getting better with each generation.

True, they are getting much better when comparing to Toyota, Nissan, Honda etc (although still behind I might add)......but they are still far behind if were talking about competing in the luxury market with the big boys.

• 4 weeks later...
So when the Kia Amanti came out a few years back I didn't think too much of it. Never really checked out specs or photos online or anything, and never really saw many around my parts.

But then I had to opportunity to detail one a couple days ago...and WOW....I was totally taken by suprise. For a Kia, this thing is very luxury, tons of options including memory/heated seats. a Climate display that looks suspiciously like a Lexus', VERY nicely designed interior, and the front end is a lot bigger than I thought. Overall the vehicle is HUGE, and a good looking car. Kia has come a loooong way! but still.....ain't no Lexus ;) lol

Here's a pic of it freshly detailed.

DSCF1616.jpg

Hey jcrome04, I will tell you though, I really teed off a Jag owner. I went up to them and said "Wow! Is that the new Kia Amanti!!!!" Phew, you should have seen their face!!!! lol

Interesting article I read today (I didn't save the link) but Hyundai on their new Genesis have been backpedalling after a South Korean newpaper reporter gave the Genesis poor marks on handling, suspension, etc. Hyundai has now been saying that the American version will have sportier suspension. Hey, I drove a Sonata (which is not a bad looking car), and "it ain't no Lexus"!!!! And, I wonder about the durability.