Anyone Removed Their Paddle Shifters?

I know, it is probably a sin to bring up, but they just annoy me and I never "manually" shift - I have had the car since November and used it once maybe the first week I had it.

Seems there is a pin holding each of the shifters in place, but what is connected to it is my main concern.

I actually had to get use to both the paddle shifters and the cruise control lever. At first, I was touching them with my fingers on accident but now it doesn't bother me.

I use them only for down shifting but still just occasionally. So in theory, I could just remove the up-shift paddle and really annoy the Lexus “Purist” while befriending the “ricer” crowd. But really they are fine even if they are just for looks.

I was actually thinking of adding a grip-tape like material to the back of the paddles to improve how the feel when I touch them with my fingers. They are smooth now with no texture and they feel kind of cheap to me. Maybe leather would be neat too?

Anyone seen any sort of cover for the paddles? Or is this my next million dollar idea that someone else will do before I get around to it?

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone mind explaining under what situations they would use these things? And most importantly *how* you would use them. I've love to start using these but I don't have a clue.

How should I use them to improve MPG?

How should I use them to improve acceleration?

How should I use them to tackle a sharp turn w/o brakes?

Anyone mind explaining under what situations they would use these things? And most importantly *how* you would use them. I've love to start using these but I don't have a clue.

How should I use them to improve MPG?

How should I use them to improve acceleration?

How should I use them to tackle a sharp turn w/o brakes?

========

Here is what one of my colleagues(he owns IS250) said about these shifters:

"They are as useless as the Lexus statment that IS stands for Intelligent Sport or IS250AWD ouput is 204 hp or they compete with BMW."

You may find a number of previous posts on these shifters.