Chrome Wheels?

Doc H

Picking up my new GX next week; dealer tells me it was delivered with chrome wheels (an "upgrade") retail $2,500; will let me have them for $1,250. Haven't seen therm, and I kinda like the liquid graphite. Worth the "upgrade"? Price sounds like about average retail at $1,250, so not sure about the "half off" part...

Doc H.

Depends on how large and what type of tires are on them. $1,250 sounds like a decent price. Got my 22" DUB with tires for $2,800 at a wheel place. If they are the same size and style as the stock rims only chrome plated then personally I don't think they are worth it.

Hope that helps.

Picking up my new GX next week; dealer tells me it was delivered with chrome wheels (an "upgrade") retail $2,500; will let me have them for $1,250. Haven't seen therm, and I kinda like the liquid graphite. Worth the "upgrade"? Price sounds like about average retail at $1,250, so not sure about the "half off" part...

Doc H.

Lexus doesn't offer chrome wheels as a factory or port installed option. Those were done at the dealership. Tell the dealer you want the wheels and tires that came on the vehicle. Well, that is unless you do want them?

DO NOT BUY THE CHROME! I have a set on my '03 and the chrome is flaking off. The flakes get in the brakes and make them squeal. My dealer said that Lexus has no solution and doesn't consider this their problem. What a bunch of BS. I've had chrome wheels on MUCH CHEAPER cars that still look great after 2 decades!

Save your cash,

Bill

Thanks all - had 'em put on the originals and they actually look better to me; not much for tire bling, and these were just chromed versions of the factory wheels. My dealer, to credit them, got the car from another dealer who had installed them and were just giving me the option. Glad I opted out....

Doc H.