Need A Vin

90Celsior

I have a JDM 1990 Toyota Celsior, and when i'm ordering parts i keep getting the third degree from the parts guys cuz its a japanese import. and the bumper moulding should be the same from my 90 celsior to a 90 ls400.

basically long story short i'd appreciate if i could have a north american VIN to give the guys at the dealership to order me parts with. it doesnt even have to be a real vin it could be made up, just as long as it resembles a ls400 vin.

or if you know somewhere that will order me parts for my 90 celsior....

thanks

Winnipeg???

Welcome to the club friend!

first I have to recommend dealing with Lexus in Regina, because woodhaven has made life hard for me several times... If you just tell them the colour and the year, there shouldn;t need to be a vin, especially since you don;t care if it is real or fake anyways. I am unsure if vin's have colour code in them, so you should be careful when you use a fake for any reason.

Did you buy the celsior off of Ebay from Saskatchewan recently by chance? I had my eye on it, looked like a really nice car.

Go on ebay and look for LS400's for sale, they show the vins on ebay, so that would be my best suggestion.

ya the parts i need aren't painted.

its chrome.

also... i need the windshield washer reservoir. anyone know if that part is the same between the ls400 and the celsior?

And just in case someone needs to know, i changed out my tie rod on it. and the driver side tie rods from the LS400 fit the driver side tie rod from a Celsior. took me awhile to figure that out. basically just guessed it would. just needed to be turned upside down.

You can usually find a VIN on ebay. Here is a VIN for a 1990 U.S. spec LS400: JT8UF11E0L0033275

It takes a little work to invent a fake VIN since there is a check digit that must be computed -- you have to understand the VIN number format to make one up.

Ya i actually found that vin on ebay. i wrote it down. i think i'm gonna use that. not the same colour but is cool. i'll just use that to order the parts. i dont care about price cuz i'm not paying it. covered under insurance and everyone here is just too lazy to get parts for it.

i'll look into the taprecycling tho too. thanks for the help.

Winnipeg???

Welcome to the club friend!

first I have to recommend dealing with Lexus in Regina, because woodhaven has made life hard for me several times... If you just tell them the colour and the year, there shouldn;t need to be a vin, especially since you don;t care if it is real or fake anyways. I am unsure if vin's have colour code in them, so you should be careful when you use a fake for any reason.

Did you buy the celsior off of Ebay from Saskatchewan recently by chance? I had my eye on it, looked like a really nice car.

Go on ebay and look for LS400's for sale, they show the vins on ebay, so that would be my best suggestion.

Hey, Aarman4..... Did you have to change your headlights to register your car in Manitoba?

No, I brought it straight across from BC to here, never had to change them. It is Canadian LS though with stock headlights, there would be no reason to change them.... Do they want you to change yours?

Hey, Aarman4..... Did you have to change your headlights to register your car in Manitoba?

I think you might have meant to ask me that. I've got the 1990 Celsior. And as far as changing out headlights. i didnt have to. but... i think they just didnt check. might have slipped past.